Sign in to follow this  
dconstantine

CS Tools

Nah, overpriced junk......

heh. sorry, I didn't realize that this topic was pretty broad, and Chris Smith is a huge contributor on here. I'll find other threads. Thanks.

:)

No, that's cool stuff, of coarse.

Cheers

Lennart

Using them on this project right now. Move null, Sine Null. Used the Ambient Light. Have used the MoCam and either the Action Cam or Docu Cam on another project. Works well.

Using them on this project right now. Move null, Sine Null. Used the Ambient Light. Have used the MoCam and either the Action Cam or Docu Cam on another project. Works well.

looks like I should get to grips with these. Without wanting to sound too noobish; I'm guessing these are a real timesaver, or they are a good way to add some of the pro touch we all like to see?

Dan

Using some of the lighting rigs right now actually since lighting in 3d seems to confuse the hell out of me. (Can never get the look right even with my lighting for film training) It's a great set to play with and I would highly recommend reading the readme.txt thoroughly before using as it explains a lot.

Here's some show titles that is mostly CS_Tools - mocam, move nulls, sin nulls, and some other stuff. (mograph,few deformers, TP) Put it together in a couple of sundays and mainly did it for some GI tests. The titles ran for Spring Show at the Academy of Art University.

http://www.movecraft.com/source/motion_fil...ge2-movie-1.mov

Here are the c4d source files-

www.movecraft.com/clients/AAU/ss09.zip

cheers

C

Edited by Colin@movecraft

More like BS_Tools... *humpf*.

<_<

-m

You did that just to make me post didn't you? Who was using mocam the other day on something? *cough* :)

P.S. Nice work Colin.

Edited by C.Smith

Awesome stuff Colin. Thanks for sharing!

One day Monkey can get to Colin's level if he'd just embrace the tools more. Its a shame he won't make it. :P

One day Monkey can get to Colin's level if he'd just embrace the tools more. Its a shame he won't make it. :P

One day you and your tools will graduate from seconds to frames*. ;)

-m

*OooooooooOOOOOooooooo

-m

*OooooooooOOOOOooooooo

SNAP. With the Monkey Footnotes™ even :wub:

Actually that's true. It's on my list I've been avoiding for 9 mos.

I may actually post ISOcam, our camera lovechild to the CSTools set in your honor just to once and for all make you a part of BStools. HAHA.

I've recently been working with the CS Tools for C4d, and I was just curious if anyone else out there uses them as well. Anyone have some cool scenes with the action cam?

I guess to answer the OP. I wouldn't call it "cool" but this spec car spot I started animating then left hanging 2 years ago was what I made action cam and docucam for:

http://sugarfilmproduction.com/RSXoffline1.mov

-m

*OooooooooOOOOOooooooo

LOL. Bromances.

@ OP -Seconds to Frames - I changed them on a few of the rigs. I also found the default values of things like the move null not granular enough, so changed em. You can open the tools up in Expresso and "monkey" with 'em all you like. I learned a bunch just doing that. Or just recreate the tools from scratch for practice (Logic like... "I want Time feeding a sin wave feeding the position of the null. Whoops, I need some sort of multiplier, ah, oh, rangemapper, well now it would be nice to have an off switch, huh, bring in a condition, hmm. user driven data would be nice to change the values of the multipliers for frequency..." etc etc)

Also, recommended- read base80 blog from beginning to end, anything TimC has done ever, and graymachines' expressions tutorials and CS_tools seemed a lot less like magic. You can start making them your own/customizing them.

The fact that Chris and Monkey drop science daily and give away the rigs for free boggles the mind.

C

@ Chris -BTW- Sick work on the car spot. Don't think I'd seen that. Now add some GI and we can see what it looks like rendered when it's done in 2 more years :P

Edited by Colin@movecraft