Sign in to follow this  
mario5

Microsoft project Natal

Dear Microsoft...

1) How many monkeys does it take to realize nobody wants to play a driving game by holding with their fists out in the air.

2) Mom ain't gonna like the huge worn out spot your skateboarding game put in her carpet. Also, it makes the kid look like a dog burying its poo..

3) Also... said kid had no f*cking idea who Millard Fillmore was.

4) Your soundtrack owes us all an apology.

-m

Guest Sao_Bento
Dear Microsoft...

1) How many monkeys does it take to realize nobody wants to play a driving game by holding with their fists out in the air.

2) Mom ain't gonna like the huge worn out spot your skateboarding game put in her carpet. Also, it makes the kid look like a dog burying its poo..

-m

As with Surface, Microsoft's fascination with technology overpowers their ability to understand how it might best be used.

Dear Microsoft...

-m

I was more intrigued by them losing all credibility by showing a chick stay on the track in a racing game :)

That being said. When this comes out, I WILL buy it and I WILL play with it for up to 4 - 6 days before it goes to the closet.

Edited by C.Smith

Here is SONY's new motion controller E3 "technology demo". Pretty cool!

Looks more precise than Microsoft Natal. But Natal seems to have a skeletal scanner.

Nintendo is also coming out with their Wii Motion Plus controller that has 1:1 motion control and

is more accurate.

Besides Wii, everything else is vaporware!

EDIT: oops, Chris beat me to it.

Edited by mario5

I can't help but agree with a statement they made in the PS3 demo that you are just going to need physical buttons for some things. I personally wouldn't mind holding a dildo...er handwand while playing. So there is so tactile sense I'm getting while supposedly controlling something with it. Unless Natal will allow you to pick up any ol' thing and use it instead. We'll see.

Guest Sao_Bento

I watched a bit on G4 today - it's funny to see the executive guys try to act like they're working the controller while something that is clearly a cinematic plays on the screen. A good reminder that the stuff they announce at E3 is often quite a ways off.