Sign in to follow this  
Beaver

Apple WWDC 2009

just looking around google for wwdc news and read that apple's 5th avenue store in nyc made 440 million dollars last year. that one store made approximately 1/3 of palm's entire revenue for the same period.

Guest Sao_Bento
So, what is with the giant $1Billion data center they just opened in NC to be used for.

They are in the media distribution business. I'd assume it was related to the iTunes Store's media and such future ventures.

WWDC banners are up: Let the guessing game begin

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10256005...col;mlt_related

I'm really looking forward to

- iPhone with a faster processor and more memory. As it is, the phone is kinda "hangy" and this is badly needed.

- Quicktime X: really hoping they have some goodies for pros here. A batch encoder would be nice. A 64 bit version for Windows is also overdue.

- Snow Leopard, better performance. Yes. This is what I want. No more lame expose features. Better performance.

200806182326.jpg

Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard is only $29. come out in September.

That's surprisingly cheap... and surprising that there's an upgrade price at all - hasn't OSX been a full-price upgrade until now?

yeah you're right - OS X has been a full-price upgrade, but they clearly want everyone on Leopard to upgrade to Snow Leopard - the upgrade price only applies to Leopard users.

$49 for Family pack upgrade.

TomTom for iPhone available this summer.

MacBooks have been upgraded also - faster, more memory, better battery life.

Still waiting on FCS3 announcements...

Yeah i'm kind us disappointed, no matte case, hd capabilities etc. that the zune will have when it is released in OCT, i will still probably get one as i don't currently have one but not as excited about it as i was.

i think i can actually pass on getting the new iphone! There isn't that much that has changed....

They added just about everything I could have wanted. I think it's a great upgrade... I'm still on the first iPhone though.

I dropped my 3G iPhone and cracked the corner of the screen and I've been waiting on a hardware upgrade to get a new one. Reading the fine print over at Apple's store reveals this:

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).

Total BS. I'll pass and keep my cracked screen until they lower that pricing. Greedy bastards.

Edited by a2visual

by the way it is worded, they let you essentially cancel your existing contract and resign another, still not a fan to the cell phone companies practices. Side not i agree with beaver, they did include the features i was looking for to actually validate the purchase, but i'm disappointed in it lacking any new hype features. like an OLED hd screen.

Do someone know if there is a apple official video of the conference?

I've searched all around the net but wasn't succesfull.

Thanks in advance.

Traditionally it shows up on the front page as one of the bottom links after a handful of hours from the end of the keynote.

Total BS. I'll pass and keep my cracked screen until they lower that pricing. Greedy bastards.

Yeah that's pretty steep. Even if they drop the price of the 3G they'll probably only drop it by about $100, so you'll still be paying at least $500 for the 16GB. Hmm. I wonder if you cancel and come right back if you can somehow get the same number? Maybe if you do a magical dance after you walk out the door just before coming back in?

Guest Sao_Bento
So, any news on Quicktime X yet?

Elsewhere, prior to today, it was reported that QuickTime X would have built in screen recording. That's about all I know.