Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Staake

(HELP!) image sequence not loading

so i have 1.5 hours of rendered TIFFs from AE...

trying to open the image sequence in both QuickTime Pro and AE is giving me errors...

anyone have some knowledge on how to stitch a LONG image sequence back together as a movie?

What specifically is the error message? If you are in quicktime and you choose file open image sequence sometimes it can take a really, really long time to open up the sequence, are you getting a specific error message, is it crashing, or just seems to take forever?

You can import the folder of images into an NLE set the still/freeze frame duration to 1 frame and then drag the folder into the timeline as a workaround.

I've never dealt with a single image sequence that long, you might want to try and separate out the sequence into a few different folders and open them up seperately so each sequence isn't so long.

Edited by anothername

In QT pro when trying to open the sequence, i set the framerate(30) and open... it chugs for 3 seconds, then gives me:

"The movie could not be opened

Operation could not be completed. (OSStatus error -2050)"

i've since tried opening a smaller subset (700 frames) of the full sequence and it appears to work alright...

What specifically is the error message? If you are in quicktime and you choose file open image sequence sometimes it can take a really, really long time to open up the sequence, are you getting a specific error message, is it crashing, or just seems to take forever?

You can import the folder of images into an NLE set the still/freeze frame duration to 1 frame and then drag the folder into the timeline as a workaround.

I've never dealt with a single image sequence that long, you might want to try and separate out the sequence into a few different folders and open them up seperately so each sequence isn't so long.

What size/resolution of one frame? 1.5 hours is too much for After Effects, I think. Did you try other programm like Adobe Premier? I don't sure about tiff, but you can try open it in VirtualDubMode - free programm. Good luck.

Image Sequences can have no more than 32000 images, if I recall correctly (something to do with the frame numbering being calculated as 16bit numeric values....)

Mylenium

800 is not a lot of frames, like was said above more tha 30k are too big, in fact as a general rule try not to work with more than 10k.

Well I am trying on three different systems with two are AE7 XP 32bit SP3 and CS4 and Windows 7 64bit CS4 and it is driving me crazy.

Whats the error message that you receive? Are the images numbered correctly? Do they have the right extension?

I know these questions might seem simple but its best we check...

Whats the error message that you receive? Are the images numbered correctly? Do they have the right extension?

I know these questions might seem simple but its best we check...

After Effects error: getting directory info for file#417 in "Car_Roation"

-file not found (-43).

(3::14)

So that is the error. And the files are sequential tiffs with an underscore rendered out of Max using vray 1.5 sp3. The files are called car_rotA_ etc. They are coming of of a 4TB server running Suze Linux, if that makes any difference.