Sign in to follow this  
mgrvsh

Feedback on new site/reel

So, I've been doing this for about 6 months now and I really enjoy it. I know I've still got a lot to learn but I thought I'd share what I've done so far so I can get some feedback. I want to eventually do this for a living but I don't have any professional experience, so over the last few months I've just been trying to build up a reel so I can send it out to people and try to get a job. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

www.mgrvsh.com

Welcome to Mograph.

You've got some well executed work in there, especially considering that this is just your part time passion at the moment.

My main comment about the reel is that all of the work feels like an endtag. They are nicely executed but most of the shots feel like they are little endtags taking place in a couple seconds right in the middle of the frame. The reason for this is understandable, as I'm sure some of these are personal experiments and small, self contained, projects are good for building experience. Moving forward I'd recommend experimenting a little with branching out into longer, more narrative, pieces and getting the camera moving around a little bit more. It'll be good for potential employers to see a variety of projects.

One quick comment on the website: It looks like the jpg quality might be al ittle too low on the images, they are starting to artifact a bit.

Keep up the good work!