Sign in to follow this  
schumway

Trapcode Form experiment

I wanted to test the audio capabilities of Form, so I played around a bit and came up with this thing.

It´s really a rewarding way to animate, as you get results you´d never get if you were to keyframe it yourself.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

I like what you've done with the rendering quite a lot, but I think the piece suffers from a quality in most early audio/video experiments... namely that it's temporally noisy. It's like watching a play where everybody says all of their lines at the same time. I think you would instantly increase the watchability of it if you were to isolate and narrow your audio data.

Great work.

-m

Thank you for your kind words.

Yeah, I used CC Lens with some Knoll Lightfactory to get the sphere look.

As far as the audio goes I agree 100%. But I have a weird taste in music, so I actually listen to stuff like this.

very cool.

I agree about the audio, in that some frenetic moments could be punctuated by moments where the particles moves a lil more

purposefully, and with a lil less noise.

Also, is the inner shading handled by form, or some other post method?

nice work.

I really like the tone of the colour palette and you got a really nice look to the particles - is it the cloudlet / smokelet or custom?

My estimated guess would be smokelet, since that's the only particle type that has self-shadowing.

Nice work, and you used zero keyframes on this? Besides on the mosaic filters and such.