Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

The Inspiration Thread

Guest funky duck

During my first cup of coffee I always check out the Quicktime movie trailers. Not to see what movies are coming out, but just to check out the new styles of typography and motion design being used in them.

That Sinfest guy looks exactly like Calvin from Cavlin and Hobbes.

Guest Resbot

My friend / ex-coworker James is a kick-ass poster artist / designer.

He was putting deer in his designs way before that was popular. Well, antlers and viking helmets at least.

www.gunsho.com

Guest god

www.clrh2ostudios.com usually has some good stuff, old stuff tho...what ever happened to GABOCORP? haha ;) now that was some originality back in 96/97 ;)

there was a nice jp site called grphis or soemthing like it. i tried googling for a link and came up with nothing though.

Guest jeickholt

Just thought i'd share this essay.

http://www.paulgraham.com/taste.html

Mathematicians call good work "beautiful," and so, either now or in the past, have scientists, engineers, musicians, architects, designers, writers, and painters. Is it just a coincidence that they used the same word, or is there some overlap in what they meant? If there is an overlap, can we use one field's discoveries about beauty to help us in another?

Guest PetrolUk

THREADLESS

www.threadless.com

It's a tshirt company but all the shirts are from submissions. If you click on - designs completed scoring - in the search box you'll get about 24,000 random designs. Great source for styles and ideas.

Guest thomwill
THREADLESS

www.threadless.com

It's a tshirt company but all the shirts are from submissions. If you click on  - designs completed scoring - in the search box you'll get about 24,000 random designs. Great source for styles and ideas.

25057[/snapback]

dig that.