Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

The Inspiration Thread

I thought the keyframing on the latest 5 second project winner was awesome.

Could anyone shed some light on how those anime-esque effects were animated? I'm thinking animated masks on solids, but I could be wrong. Either way, really inspiring work.

Edited by mrTibbs

Hi folks. New to the forum but been a lurker for a few months. This thread needs a bump and I know just the clip for it.

This Beeple guy (Mike Winkelmann) is dedicated to the cause... check out his web site if you don't believe me. Serious work ethic.

http://www.beeple-crap.com/everydays.php

Recently he did the Transparent Machines piece and it really got noticed. This part surprised me a little...

From a GSG Interview: The render times on this were not as bad as you’d think because the setup was pretty much as simple as it could possibly be. There are no lights at all in the scene, no GI, no AO, no DOF. It is literally just the geometry with a glass material applied. The only thing that made the render times a bit higher is that some of the shots were rendered at around 4K so that I could pan around the shot in post to sync really tight with the music. But the render times were at worst like 10 minutes per frame even on those super high res shots.

Beeple Interview: Transparent Machines

Edited by Zmotive

I blog mograph inspiration at www.FromUpNorth.com - but Daniel Nelson and Chris Sims do some great galleries and inspiration post of illustration, digital design, photography, ads, etc.. New stuff up every weekday.

Edited by danielbyme