Sign in to follow this  
Idan91

[After Effects] Save RAM Preview Error

Here's a problem that started happening to me about a week ago:

No matter what I do, from moving text to changing a value etc..., every 1-3 actions After Effects does a quick RAM Preview and then opens a "Output Movie To:" dialogue all by itself (which means it activates the "Save RAM Preview command") and it doesn't stop no matter what.

I tried changing project files, restarting my PC and After Effects, deleting my preference file and even reinstalling AE but nothing helps.

Is there any way I can solve this?

Guest Sao_Bento

i am have this problem ? Help!!!

What have you done so far?

Delete prefs?

Reinstall?

This is the second or third time I hear about this behavior.

Being a Sunday, I can't easily check if it's a known issue, or if there's any other kind of explanation.

What version of AE are you using? If it's CS4, have you updated to 9.02?

Guys, please provide more info. I know this sounds harsh, but posting the error on every forum you find will not get any solution unless you co-operate a little more. I've asked a person with the exact same error on VideoCopilot (which was probably one of you) and never got an answer only to see the same posted on creativeCOW and the Adobe forums the other day. And that being so, I chose to ignore the whole matter henceforth. So by all means, please tell us what graphics cards you are using, what screen resolutions, what mouse drivers, what tablet and all that seemingly unimportant stuff.

Mylenium

i deleted the prefs

my graphics cards is NVIDIA GeFoorce 8600

i have AE7 / AE cs3/AE cs4 on my sys and they worked ok

but sudenly i get this error in all of them like this:

i open the program

create a comp

move the cti

and then the save RAM preview opens

i close the window and ther is the same window agine 2 /3 times

it is the same in all my AE ver 7/cs3/c4

help me

I really want to help, but I have no clue where to start.

Before anything, do you have any scripts installed (Throttle, BG Render, etc?)

Nucleo/Nucleo Pro?

i deleted the prefs

i open the program

create a comp

move the cti

help me

Guys, please provide more info. I know this sounds harsh, but posting the error on every forum you find will not get any solution unless you co-operate a little more. I've asked a person with the exact same error on VideoCopilot (which was probably one of you) and never got an answer only to see the same posted on creativeCOW and the Adobe forums the other day. And that being so, I chose to ignore the whole matter henceforth. So by all means, please tell us what graphics cards you are using, what screen resolutions, what mouse drivers, what tablet and all that seemingly unimportant stuff.

Mylenium

i deleted the prefs

i open the program

create a comp

move the cti

help me

and it is not a jhok

You're on Windows, right?

Is it possible that the Num lock key is active? Try switching it (disable if enabled or the other way around).

I am thinking the shortcut for "Save RAM preview" is Control + Num Pad 0, so that *may* explain why the Output movie dialog appears.

You're on Windows, right?

Is it possible that the Num lock key is active? Try switching it (disable if enabled or the other way around).

I am thinking the shortcut for "Save RAM preview" is Control + Num Pad 0, so that *may* explain why the Output movie dialog appears.

yes i work on windows and i did this and it dinot change but i also agree that it hase to do with shrtcuts

is ther any shrtcut script in the a dobbe framework that can open the the "Save Output To" window?

can anybody help?

Do you have any keyboard around you could plug to check if it goes away when you do that? At least to rule it out.

Do you have any keyboard around you could plug to check if it goes away when you do that? At least to rule it out.

yes i plug anther keyboard and no change the window stil jumps!! thank you anyway help me

Here's a problem that started happening to me about a week ago:

No matter what I do, from moving text to changing a value etc..., every 1-3 actions After Effects does a quick RAM Preview and then opens a "Output Movie To:" dialogue all by itself (which means it activates the "Save RAM Preview command") and it doesn't stop no matter what.

I tried changing project files, restarting my PC and After Effects, deleting my preference file and even reinstalling AE but nothing helps.

Is there any way I can solve this?

i have this alsow so what did you do?

hi i need help it happened also to a friend not only to me

is ther any shrtcut script in the a dobbe framework that can open the the "Save Output To" window?

can anybody help?

I believe what he is referring to is a multifaceted issue in this thread:

1. The complete lack of grammatical or spelling awareness (no, I'm not claiming perfection, but I do understand what a comma and period are).
  2. A Multitude of posts saying almost the exact same thing --it nearly the same obtuse way.
  3. You replied to yourself three times in the space of 1 hour.
  4. You have been using AE since at least v7, yet still can't spell Adobe (see above).

Yeah. The Special Olympics moniker applies.

All you have to do to prove otherwise is take 10 seconds before you post and see if you are actually being clear and concise when asking for help, and not wasting people's time.

Edited by misanthrope.