Sign in to follow this  
leahzero

Nathan Love "Blood Trail" comment debacle at Motionographer.

You folks catch this? Studio Nathan Love chose to participate in the comments on their recent spot "Blood Trail" featured at Motionographer, and the comments got almost as ugly as the spot itself. Fascinating to see a studio acting so unprofessionally on perhaps the highest-visibility motion graphics site. I don't know what to make of this, but it's great entertainment, if nothing else.

http://motionographer.com/2009/06/29/blood-trail/

Wow, the company stepped up and wrote a decent response which is expected and normal. But I can't believe it continued! Very little of the argument focused on the piece- it was essentially worthless.. Do you think this would have negative consequences in the long run for someone in the position of Dan?

ow.. i couldn't finish reading the comments. i think both sides need to quit. i hate haters that hate for the sake of it ie- trolls. but then to have the accused being unprofessional.. yikes...

Edited by silatix

Internet Tough Guys

I am always puzzled when people get so defensive about their work. If someone expresses their critical opinion, and you protest so much, it makes it seem like maybe, kind of, deep down you know the work isn't all that great. As if calling someone names makes your work better. "Well he called me an asshole, I must have been wrong. I guess it is a great piece."

Guest Sao_Bento

Wow - an excellent example of how to self sabotage. If they have a PR firm, someone there is PISSED.

Wow - an excellent example of how to self sabotage. If they have a PR firm, someone there is PISSED.

I'm sure someones gonna do some damage control soon.

Hey I'm no angel but that Nathan's Dan is a moron.

You know you never go full retard!

Very unprofessional and his offensive and sexist remarks are gross.

Like I said I'd not send any clients there.

There are some truly insanely long threads on motionographer, if you're foolish enough to read em to the end. i am!

here are some more for the mograph history

http://motionographer.com/2007/02/15/meet-pandapanther/

http://motionographer.com/2009/02/25/psyops-inferno/

http://motionographer.com/2007/09/28/fall-...ented/#comments (just for shmegmas post, genius)

Ha. awesome.

All professional shit aside, sometimes it's just nice to see that people can still really hate each other deep down, and it's ok to call each other cunt rags and the like. It makes me feel warm inside. Like perhaps the humanity isn't entirely bled dry from us yet.

And really, while epic in its own fashion, I doubt the sprawling comment list on motionographer will result in heads on a pike at any agency.

Get real, you give them too much credit as a force for anything greater than 'a place to look at stuff'.

You fucking cunt rag dick eaters.

: )

Man, we haven't had a good shitstorm lately over here. We suck. Gonna go read the Joe the Plumber thread to make myself feel better. But even in that post we had some basic form of logic going with sparse use of dildos and douchebags. What have we become? Fuck all of you.

In before Cow is a better site.

Also, with all the recent effects houses closing, I wish places that cared about their work as much as Nathan Love would have closed while teh Orphanage would have remained open. I know, slightly different fields, but it's hard to deal with the lack of work in the industry as a whole these days knowing that people like this have jobs, while other do not.

I've fired people for less than this, and we are talking small time team management not a widely known company.

It's almost worth making an account over there (something I've resisted for years) just to post the following

"I didn't know you could do such good machinima with Tf2"

If somebody ever posted that, I hope it would be in extremely dark sarcasm.

Yea, but answer me this chris,

How is I begining to make after effects amazing project that it look like this

I have only mspaint and I just downloaded After effects v4 from mini nova. Can you has a tutorial that I may be using?

Yea, but answer me this chris,

How is I begining to make after effects amazing project that it look like this

I have only mspaint and I just downloaded After effects v4 from mini nova. Can you has a tutorial that I may be using?

Please to make answer by you use with simple plug-in that only one keystroke used!!1!1!

Please to make answer by you use with simple plug-in that only one keystroke used!!1!1!

Man I'm not sure if i ever posted this story here, but I got a call at, I don't know, close to 4 am(pst) one night from some teacher on the eastcoast, who had decided to teach his kids mocha (great go for it) and decided to get some ideas from my cow tutorial, but since I hadn't finished it(still haven't 2 years later) He wanted to know how it ended, and decided to find out more about me, so he dug through my site, found my phone number (sigh cell #) and called me, at 7 am est, to find out more.

I never posted a single thing on the cow since.

Ok, cool, you guys are entitled to your opinions, except that your opinions are fucking retarded and you should choke on a bucket of dildos. Take a rest, haters. It's only 1000% obvious to any street hooker that the Nate Love thread is totally take-charge kick-ass awesome because it's about cheerleading, which is only the ENTIRE POINT of the internet. I'm sure your awesome thread is the best and the Nathan thread is only half-assed which is why they have like a MILLION HITS already and you don't! Oh but you'd need math to know that, and FYI that's something kids who ride the regular bus learn in grade school. Quit crying and try harder! Maybe if you try real hard you can eat your own dicks. Asshats.

-peace and love 4evr