Sign in to follow this  
Todd Kopriva

Please take a survey or two.

I dutifully provided what i could, which is a set of probably severely uninformative answers.

Edit: wait... i'm not a video editor. Am I a video editor? I might be a video editor. I use after effects to do stuff. This whole thing is very confusing.

Edited by Binky

Done. Hopefully Adobe isn't trying to target video editors with AE though; that's like targeting the sales staff with DV Rack. For those of us who wear both hats, I don't want AE to come to me - I want a powerful compositing-animating tool with a flexible toolset. I'll put in the time and work to learn it. As soon as it attempts to become a tool for everyone, it's doomed by the inherent compromise of approaching that goal.

Cf

Hopefully Adobe isn't trying to target video editors with AE though...

As Adolfo indicated, it's important to note that I'm the guy that explains the software, not one of the folks who builds the software. My group is currently focused on trying to improve the documentation and training for certain audiences that we suspect need a little more help... like the video editors who just pop into After Effects every now and then.

I'd like anyone and everyone to take the surveys, but know that the focus is on those tasks that video editors occasionally step into After Effects to do because their NLEs don't do them (or at least not as well).

Wow. That was short. I feel like I was just asked to take a survey in order to be told that I didn't qualify for the survey! :lol: Hey, I worked at a call center once, so I know how it goes.

Wow. That was short. I feel like I was just asked to take a survey in order to be told that I didn't qualify for the survey! :lol: Hey, I worked at a call center once, so I know how it goes.

Rest assured. This is step one. There are more steps to come. Thanks for participating so far.

Finished both

Please tell me that Adobe has more than text animation and rotoscoping differences to introduce into the next version

Edited by AromaKat

Guest Sao_Bento
Finished both

Please tell me that Adobe has more than text animation and rotoscoping differences to introduce into the next version

You're going to love it - they're going to make it so you can buy Adobe fonts right from the text tool!!!

Again: This has nothing to do with the next version of the software. This is about documentation and training resources.