Sign in to follow this  
Nerra

What ever happened to Tread?

Yeah, he won one of the catagories of that feed global student animation awards that year, I'm sure that made him some lasting contacts.

That spec nike spot he did for it was pretty sweet.

it used to be http://www.tedgore.com/ but now it is a Mexican prescription drug company

Wow, a rare RustyAce sighting. See, mention any of the classic mograph crew and they all start creeping their way out of the woodwork. Let me try!

jaan, yuppster, carneceria (meat shop), laughingcolors, igorshmigor, scott frizzle, SermonOfMockery

Edit: That should do it.

Edited by jayfaker

Wow, a rare RustyAce sighting. See, mention any of the classic mograph crew and they all start creeping their way out of the woodwork. Let me try!

jaan, yuppster, carneceria (meat shop), laughingcolors, igorshmigor, scott frizzle, SermonOfMockery

Are they no longer around? I haven't been on here for ages but I remember them being around after the site got hacked back in 2006. Tread left before then if I remember correctly.

I'd throw in Renascent and that Firemind guy too. I hear he's like one of the oldest members...

Edit: HOLY SHIT IT WORKS

I'm still alive, just really busy these days. Renascent is still around, Sermon is a mod at motionographer last I checked.

I'm still alive, just really busy these days. Renascent is still around, Sermon is a mod at motionographer last I checked.

Glad to hear, and I didn't know that about sermon, he's a great writer though, always enjoyed his blog.

I'm throwing Fred Camino into this list. He's still around, but he seems to be going through a bit of an identity crisis as of late.

Sermon left the world of Mograph for marketing if I remember correctly.

Edited by beau+++

i'm not an ancient member. i've been around about as longs as you, beau+++ (biggieboy)! i think the membership of this board has held up pretty well despite the ephemeral nature of internet forums.

i'm not an ancient member. i've been around about as longs as you, beau+++ (biggieboy)! i think the membership of this board has held up pretty well despite the ephemeral nature of internet forums.

Yeah, I've been around since early 2005 I think. A solid 95% of my posts have had nothing to do with motion graphics though...

I think we should start a thread where people can donate beer to the mograph deity of their choice. Since I'll probably never meet any of you in real life, I promise to post pictures of myself drinking the beer you buy me. Deal?

just fieldtrip it down here for one of our meetups ;)

Yeah, I've been around since early 2005 I think. A solid 95% of my posts have had nothing to do with motion graphics though...

I think we should start a thread where people can donate beer to the mograph deity of their choice. Since I'll probably never meet any of you in real life, I promise to post pictures of myself drinking the beer you buy me. Deal?

Lucky sonofabitch

That's not a bad idea actually. It's been a couple years since I've been to NYC, kinda itchin' to head back... Last time I was there a client flew me down to help him pitch some boards I had done. When I got there I mentioned it was my first time in NYC - he was flabbergasted so he told me to forget the pitch and go explore, and he'd pay my day rate. Rich bastard even took me out for expensive dinners and drinks all week.

I need to find another client like that so I can come get trashed with you guys. ;)

I have been wondering that myself- been here since 2003 / 4{ before the first bad crash whre I lost my demi god status}] now back but miss the minds of the greats like tread glad to see govinda is still kikin it-

leaving Hawaii and heading back to LA in AUG- see ya all there- lets get to the bottom of the tread case shall we?

Edited by ADROK

Last I heard Tread was working on his pecs and abs via P90x and entertaining the ladies. Design-wise I get the idea he's been spending some time in Cupertino. And to clarify, I have never gone through an identity crisis on this board, I disappeared for a few years only to return to find that the creative minds here, perhaps stifled by the drudgery of keyframing and the fleeting trend based nature of the industry, had concocted some sort of modern internet mythos about the evil nature of the Fred Camino character aided in large part by certain trolls when in fact I just grew listless of my lack of true Ted Gore style motion graphics talent and became more interested in the ins-and-outs of Los Angeles public transportation. That's not say I'm offended or wish for an end to the demonization of the character, I find it rather entertaining and inspiring the power of the uninhibited creative mind.

Edited by Fred Camino

Last I heard Tread was working on his pecs and abs via P90x and entertaining the ladies. Design-wise I get the idea he's been spending some time in Cupertino. And to clarify, I have never gone through an identity crisis on this board, I disappeared for a few years only to return to find that the creative minds here, perhaps stifled by the drudgery of keyframing and the fleeting trend based nature of the industry, had concocted some sort of modern internet mythos about the evil nature of the Fred Camino character aided in large part by certain trolls when in fact I just grew listless of my lack of true Ted Gore style motion graphics talent and became more interested in the ins-and-outs of Los Angeles public transportation. That's not say I'm offended or wish for an end to the demonization of the character, I find it rather entertaining and inspiring the power of the uninhibited creative mind.

so you got jaded, dropped out of mograph, and now drive a bus in LA? Or you live in a bus shelter... or you live in a subway.

Edited by misanthrope.

Lol I'm usually on here i just don't post as much i as i used to