Sign in to follow this  
Stubbs

massive gamma shift: Color Finesse -> After Effects

i'm doing some testgrading of 5D footage. In color finesse the preview is totally different from what the After Effects comp shows me after I click OK. massive gamma shift.

anybody know whats going on?

We have Quicktime 7.6.2

colorfinesse.jpg

i'm doing some testgrading of 5D footage. In color finesse the preview is totally different from what the After Effects comp shows me after I click OK. massive gamma shift.

anybody know whats going on?

We have Quicktime 7.6.2

colorfinesse.jpg

You are using a color profile somewhere which AE is aware of, but CF simply ignores.

Mylenium

You are using a color profile somewhere which AE is aware of, but CF simply ignores.

Mylenium

I have noticed this nagging problem with AE as well. I haven't done a full set of tests yet, but trying numerous color profiles has had little difference in the final render. It's there somewhere. I have noticed however that if I go through PermierPro first (via dynamic link), the gamma is correct. Unfortunately, rendering an AE comp via PPro via dynamic link is much slower than rendering straight out of AE. (and subject to frequent crashes...at least for me.)

-mike