Sign in to follow this  
shampersand

Steampunk Stop-Motion

I'm just an armchair After Effects hack, but here's a recent steampunk stop-motion film i just finished. I'm sure I could have done a lot of things better/easier if I knew what the hell I was doing half the time. rip apart, at your leisure of course.

http://thefalcon.tv

Edited by shampersand

I think you have a lot of very interesting things happening visually. THe way you formed the different characters and objects in the world was very clever and quite nice. I think that the piece could probabaly benefit from a bit of editing though. There narratvve isn't really clear enough to keep me engaged on its own, so once the novelty of the visuals wears off it's tough to stay interested. I think that a critical look at the story and the timing of the cuts would really strengthen the piece. In general I think most shots could do with being more succinct. It would help increase the pace of the whole piece. Really glad to see this kind of experimentation though. I hpoe it was fun to work on.