Sign in to follow this  
undream

AE Time Value

Here is a fairly basic one:

I'm trying to evaluate a noise over time in ae. But I do not wish to use keyframes, but expressions.

I thought something like this:

If I can write an expression that adds a certain amount to "cycle" in "evolution options" in noise, then I wont need to use keyframes. The problem is that; I do not know how to get the current "time" as a float value.

What I mean is, when I do:

effect("Fractal Noise")(27)+time

it just adds 1 to "cycle recolutions" value,instantly. What I want is, (as you can guess) a smooth transition.

How can I do this ?

thanks.

If I can write an expression that adds a certain amount to "cycle" in "evolution options" in noise, then I wont need to use keyframes. The problem is that; I do not know how to get the current "time" as a float value.

What I mean is, when I do:

effect("Fractal Noise")(27)+time

it just adds 1 to "cycle recolutions" value,instantly. What I want is, (as you can guess) a smooth transition.

Why not use the Evolution parameter itself? Cycle Evolutions really is merely a means of getting a loop of the same pattern.

Mylenium

Is this dependent on another expression you're working with? Cheers for trying to use expressions but I think two simple keyframes will do you just fine here, if I'm understanding you correctly.