Sign in to follow this  
Jason Hadley

SportsNation on ESPN.. Who does their graphics?

Does anybody know? I've been searching the internet for a couple of days trying to find it for myself. If anything, their graphics are a great study on minimalism with the use of the cloner object in C4D.

I do have a link to the type of mograph on the ESPN site but would like a high quality version to analyze if it exists.

SportsNation Mograph

Thanks,

Jason

www.hadleyvisual.com

Edited by Jason Hadley

Does anybody know? I've been searching the internet for a couple of days trying to find it for myself. If anything, their graphics are a great study on minimalism with the use of the cloner object in C4D.

I do have a link to the type of mograph on the ESPN site but would like a high quality version to analyze if it exists.

SportsNation Mograph

Thanks,

Jason

www.hadleyvisual.com

I'm not sure who did this, but i know troika does a lot of Espn's stuff but thats not exactly a sample of minimalism.

Guest Sao_Bento

I'm not sure who did this, but i know troika does a lot of Espn's stuff but thats not exactly a sample of minimalism.

Yeah, minimalism is not usually their thing. It's a tad bit reminiscent of the stuff Belief did for CNN awhile back. I take it that the design firm is not mentioned in the credits?

You know it's bad when credits move so fast they have motion blur.

I wouldn't be surprised if troika did do this, though it's not their normal MO as far as general graphics, it has their feel as far as the subtle motion in everything.

Edited by zander

It's not Troika. I can get into it more in a few weeks if anyone wants. I think they may want to do a write up and feature it on their site first and I don't want to ruffle any feathers. Plus, some things are still delivering.

It's not Troika. I can get into it more in a few weeks if anyone wants. I think they may want to do a write up and feature it on their site first and I don't want to ruffle any feathers. Plus, some things are still delivering.

Awesome! I was hoping someone in the know would reply. I can't wait for the answer!

and the question has been answered!

indeed. If anyone wants to know anything specific, you can ask away. Last count there was about 1 billion deliverables and counting, and I had my dirty hands on well over half of them. They really look much nicer before they go to air. Believe it or not, there are lots of subtle details in the textures that just get crushed, and they seem to have jacked the levels a bit. Oh well.

That looked better than I was expecting it to look.

I may use this ringing endorsement from Palmer on my web site

Hahah.

It looks great man. Seriously.

Nice work.

It always gets crushed before it goes to air. Usually compressed by an editor or something stupid before they store it then the 3+ levels of compression to and from satellites.

Ugh. Definitely lose a lot of the subtle detail.

What I was expecting was the like straight reflective environment with US maps and half cylinders rotating around with light beams.

Just in graphics, not one of these stupid new rebrands like syfy, "The Hut" and "The Shack"... Sigh

By a rebrand I solely meant with the look.

I can't imagine how they would even truncate an acronym.

Hahah.

It looks great man. Seriously.

Nice work.

It always gets crushed before it goes to air. Usually compressed by an editor or something stupid before they store it then the 3+ levels of compression to and from satellites.

Ugh. Definitely lose a lot of the subtle detail.

What I was expecting was the like straight reflective environment with US maps and half cylinders rotating around with light beams.

Haha. I laughed when I read your comment. We are on the same page as far as that goes. Its hard to convey amusement over the internet without emocons I guess. So, :)