Sign in to follow this  
Z_Akers

Z_Akers Rough Reel

Greetings everyone. This is my first time on mograph and I thought I would get your input on my demo reel. This is a first rough draft, and I will definitely be updating it whenever I can. I would really appreciate any constructive criticisms you can give me. Thanks and enjoy.

Unfortunately my website is currently under construction so I'll be using youtube to show this for now.

As I suspect you're still a young person in highschool, all I can say is 'keep going'. Pick up books on graphic design, typography, animation and leave the plug-ins alone for a while. Study the work in our own reels section or on motionographer and don't just complete other people's tutorials. Good luck!

It's very distracting that the introduction, that wipes to screen left, never fully clears. There's that feathered edge just sitting there.

Being young and in your formative creative years it's a great time to really work on the foundations. By that I mean, as suggested above, really focus on the theory and practice of good graphic design and typography in general, even if it doesn't move. More generally it's never too early or too late to really start honing your attention to detail. It can really set your work apart in the future when it comes time for a career. Make sure to look at your own work with a really critical eye and ask yourself; if I was the creative director what would I see wrong with this?