Sign in to follow this  
undream

Render Problems [URGENT]

Ok, listen this:

(After Effects) I was a bout to render a project for a client, but when I start a render it suddenly stops by itself after some frames. "some" is not an exact value, sometimes it stops on frame 21, sometimes on frame 700.

Also, I get "out of memory" errors.

Tried to play with the secret settings, didnt help.

Any ideas about what can be done ?

I was having similar issues. I fixed it (mostly) with flushing the cache before rendering, using caps lock to prevent the screen from refreshing (for some reason that helped) and using the secret menu to purge the memory every 30 frames or so. That did it for me.

Also rendering to frames is a good idea.

R

Render to frames. Purge every frame.

Also you can try lowering the Maximum Memory Usage setting very low. Try 35%. And make sure you have a very large disk cache. Sometimes the low memory setting will force AE to write the cache to disk, where you have more room. It doesn't always work and it will increase your render times.

Finally, if nothing else works, go layer by layer at full res in the comp window until you figure out what layer is causing the memory error. Pre-comp that layer and pre-render.

Good luck.

I had this problem the other day and is was an issue with an adjustment layer that had some basic effect on it(cant remember which one) but under that layer was a layer that had RSMB on it i think i had to precomp the RSMB layer to get it to render properly.