Sign in to follow this  
philmadelphia

After work...

Alright so I just started a full time job last week, and its great... money, people, work everything... but... its strange because I'm not into a routine yet as far as the workweek and the weekend go...

Last week I just came home and watched TV for a couple hours then went to bed, repeat. Also drinking on Friday/Saturday night seemed like a waste because I spent half of my only two free days of the week recovering from the night before... so...

What do you guys do when you come home from work? What do you do on the weekends?

• play Lord of the Rings Online

• watch FXPHD videos

• walk the dogs

• sit on the patio with a cup of coffee

• watch a movie

btw, sometimes watching tv is exactly what you need to wind down and get the day out of your mind so you are able go to sleep

Most days I come home and watch TV, cook dinner, watch a movie, hang with the misses...I find it hard to drag myself upstairs to the office and stare at a computer screen some more. Sometimes I'll play some video games, sketch or read as well.

what kinda job did you end up getting

Alright so I just started a full time job last week, and its great... money, people, work everything... but... its strange because I'm not into a routine yet as far as the workweek and the weekend go...

Last week I just came home and watched TV for a couple hours then went to bed, repeat. Also drinking on Friday/Saturday night seemed like a waste because I spent half of my only two free days of the week recovering from the night before... so...

What do you guys do when you come home from work? What do you do on the weekends?

As much as I love design/mograph, I live for my life outside of work. Outside of the 9-5 I climb, play guitar, wakeboard, surf, ride bikes, read and now i'm just getting back into racing RC cars. I used to go out quite a bit at night but like you say, you waste most of your time recovering and feeling like crap.

what kinda job did you end up getting

I'm working at a small web design/SEO firm... about 6 other designers... I've been doing web designing, mostly wordpress based sites, but the company is small enough that I could be doing anything the customer calls for... I forget how nice it is to work with deadlines and other people... really forces your concentration...

Anyone do any volunteering?

Guest Sao_Bento

Just wait til you all have kids.

Agreed - then you won't have any free time to fill with anything - hahahhahahahahahhahah!

Anyone do any volunteering?

volunteer fireman for the past 3 and a half years....i'm on call as soon as I get home from work! I can pick and choose what calls I want to go to. So if I get a call at 3am i can stay in bed, but most cases if it's a serious call i'm getting up.

agreed w/ the kids comments..but to tell you the truth, if i didn't have kids i'd be bored out of my mind!

Just wait til you all have kids.

Amen to that. But I do find tiny little snippets of time for:

Photography

Motorcycles

R/C trucks

Tennis

Mountain Biking, Blading

Shooting

I'm chomping at the bit to have my little boys old enough to enjoy these things with me. I gave my two year old a ride on two of the motorcycles last night, and he thought that was pretty cool. Earlier in the day I took him and his one year old brother to the river to watch boats. We often visit construction sites to watch the big machines and the airport to watch airplanes too. Including them makes the fun stuff even more fun.

Cf

Kid, wife, TV, CoD4, cycling, tuts. Not necessarily in that order.

I'm always working though, stupid really, I want to be on top of my game but at the same time I'm not stopping to smell the roses.

Agreed - then you won't have any free time to fill with anything - hahahhahahahahahhahah!

i don't know what you're on about - I have all of 2 hours of free time to do whatever I want with in the evenings. Being at work is like being on holiday by comparison...

Edited by dan_hin