Sign in to follow this  
phonk

PHONKREEL09

wow. the only thing I disliked it was the little bit of character work you put in. It wasn't really awful, but didn't stand up to the quality of the rest of your work.

Other than that - what's your hourly rate! :D

Dan

You've got some interesting work in there.

A couple of quick comments:

-The intro is really long. It doesn't really give much information and it's almost 15 seconds long.

-The pacing of the music track is very quick and energetic, but the cuts feel a bit long and some of the pieces linger on much longer than they need to.

Try cutting to match the energyof the song a little more.

Good work.

-The intro is really long. It doesn't really give much information and it's almost 15 seconds long.

-The pacing of the music track is very quick and energetic, but the cuts feel a bit long and some of the pieces linger on much longer than they need to.

Try cutting to match the energy of the song a little more.

Good work.

wow. the only thing I disliked it was the little bit of character work you put in. It wasn't really awful, but didn't stand up to the quality of the rest of your work.

Other than that - what's your hourly rate! :D

Dan

haha, thank you, very kind! the character was a test, and shouldn't have put it there, very true.. But my girldfriend at the time liked it so much ;)

If you're interesed you can drop me an email at mike@phonk.nl

thnx

Try cutting to match the energy of the song a little more.

Good work.

Thanks, real good constructive crits there! I did some editing in the music myself; so obviously that's not my thing :)

Now workin on a new real, and i'll keep my eye on the tunes / intro length...

cheers!

Thanks, real good constructive crits there! I did some editing in the music myself; so obviously that's not my thing :)

Now workin on a new real, and i'll keep my eye on the tunes / intro length...

cheers!

nice work! you have nice design and animation skills. i think the reel is a bit long though. i agree with the comment about the music and the animated character (what your girlfriend thinks is nice isn't necessarily what will get you a job). I also noticed the tracking was off on the red vine on the wood floor, i would suggest either shortening the clip or retracking. But really overall nice reel!

I would keep the character as I think its a nice looking character and it shows that you can build and animate characters. Maybe just stick a background in there so it doesn't look like a test shot.

Don't discard the opinion of non-designers (i.e your girlfriend), often its non designers that will be looking at your work and deciding whether they need to hire you or not.