Sign in to follow this  
AromaKat

Is it Just Me or Did Mograph.net Die?

And whats up with the google ads? All for schooling of all things.....

Can't even spend the energy to sell ad space to people who would actually LOVE to advertise on here, and products that we may give a shit about.

Edited by AromaKat

And whats up with the google ads? All for schooling of all things.....

Can't even spend the energy to sell ad space to people who would actually LOVE to advertise on here, and products that we may give a shit about.

Yeah, I do find it kind of strange that 90% of the (google)adds that I get on motiongaphics related sites are for a school I already graduated from almost 4 years ago.

I know safari isn't the best browser, but it doesn't work well in safari at all.

Pages come up blank.

DITTO! I usually have to refresh a page 2-3 times before it comes up....that could be a reason that people have not been posting lately.

I say we try to blast whoever owns this domain until its reverted back.

Firemind owns the domain and did work a ton to update the site. I'm grateful, but I personally now don't visit the site near as much as I did. If I had to guess why:

- There is more things on screen while giving you less information.

- The life blood to the flow of the site, the 'view active content' link is now in an awkward place at the bottom and not welcoming you right when you visit.

Beyond that it's hard for me to put my finger on, but it lost it's mojo. I now find it a small chore just to see what's going on.

Super annoying safari bug aside, I don't mind the update so much. But I think if you were any less of a regular, you might bail because of that alone.

+

Fast reply box. Awesome.

No more pointless front page.

-

Safari.

A little bit more bloat than before (not terrible)

"Pinned" topics are hard to differentiate from regular topics

Chris hit the nail on the head. The "view active topics" link was my bread and butter, and now that its off in the nega-verse it is a little bit of a pain to see what's going on, I'm also on Safari and the bug is a bit annoying, though I didn't know it was a Safari only issue until this thread. I don't mind the new layout or anything, I just miss my "active topics" button.

The "view new posts" button was so much better - and we still have it (the "whats new" button on the upper right). This button only shows topics with posts you have not read yet.

The "view new posts" button was so much better - and we still have it (the "whats new" button on the upper right). This button only shows topics with posts you have not read yet.

The 'View Active content" still exists , it's just on the bottom bar. The 'new posts' link doesn't show any legacy posts that have been bumped (that i'm aware of).

It has nothing to do with motionographer... we have coexisted for years without trouble.

I find the new GUI painful.

I can't stand the Safari bugs.

I think the ads are evil (blocked or not).

One of the few reasons I tried to help as often as possible and give away so many of my scene files was to support Firemind's selfless generosity (and perhaps a greater Greek MoGraph.net ethos). I have voiced my concerns about keeping mograph ad-free in the prior threads, but I really would have much preferred community contributions over google ads. I suppose it's for the best. I used to refresh mograph.net like a monkey on cocaine. Perhaps I shall get some more work done now.

:)

-m

summertime is also down time.. im personally avoiding the web to do some head clearing. though I dont love the gui because I feel like all the posts blend together.. it doesnt ruin it for me. compared to the big crash a few years ago where posts *really* dropped off for a longtime this is no biggie. the regulars will be here long after the n0obs and get bored :D

the regulars will be here long after the n0obs and get bored :D

I don't know. This may be a stepping off point for me other than the occasional visit. I'm not really a mographer - I just enjoyed the company of smart , creative people. But if it's going to be a bitch to just to hang out and make smart-ass comments, then it will be diminishing returns for me.

Positive - i like the tabs at the top and the changing out header. Out of his generosity Firemind is continually trying to keep us happy which i sincerely appreciate.

negatives - everything is too big and i cant focus on anything. The massive numbers of colored bars covering the screen just seem to create clutter.

I really wish the forum could take a QBN public voice style approach but perhaps a little more compartmentalized like our current setup.