Sign in to follow this  
levante

Particular 2 - were the heck is the plug-in?

Since i installed the Particular 2 update on my MacPro (8 - core, OS 10.5.8) AE says that there are multiple copys of Particular installed. So i removed the plug from the plugin folder and the message is gone - but particular is still there. I did a search for the plugin on my system drive without results, i also looked inside the program package but it´s not in there either. I also tried the de-installer but it crashes everytime i click "uninstall". Does anybody know were the invisible particular could be hidden?

edit: same problem appears in both CS3 and CS4

Edited by levante

Since i installed the Particular 2 update on my MacPro (8 - core, OS 10.5.8) AE says that there are multiple copys of Particular installed. So i removed the plug from the plugin folder and the message is gone - but particular is still there. I did a search for the plugin on my system drive without results, i also looked inside the program package but it´s not in there either. I also tried the de-installer but it crashes everytime i click "uninstall". Does anybody know were the invisible particular could be hidden?

edit: same problem appears in both CS3 and CS4

It is hidden somewhere frustrating I can never find it if I've not looked for a while... It's in

User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins/CS4/Media Core/Trapcode

Catchy eh?

Thanks for the tip guys. Does it cause any problems if i remove the trapcode folder from this location and place in the usual plug-ins folder (inside the app directory)? I´d prefer to have all my plugs in one location, not scattered across my system drive...

it is fine to move it to the normal place

the reason plugins are placed in the mediacore folder is so all Adobe apps can share them (if they can use them)

Ok, i just tried it and everything works just as expected.

Cheers