Sign in to follow this  
Srek

CINEMA 4D R11.5 + MoGraph 2.0 released

Keep trying. We're uploading new versions of a few because the audio levels were too low. You might have just caught it in the midst of replacing the file.

-vid 6 has been down for me as well. (all day), Safari & Firefox.

The new package is AWESOME. The new picture viewer is great. It even plays renders right within it.

What really got me pumped is the new Physics Mograph effector. It is so simple to set up and can handle a TON of particles. It renders collisions perfectly every time and is FAST.

Here are some renders I made from the new module to try and break it. http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2009/09/01/mograph-20-physics-test-renders-with-cinema-4d-115/

Looks great! How long did that 40,000 Cubes test take to render?

That video took about 1 hour to calculate and 30 minutes to render on a Mac 8 core 2.8.

I remember I did a pile of 12 rocks falling down a few years ago. 12. It took at least an hour to calculate.

"No Keyframes" by AixSponza

http://www.maxon.net/home/quicklinks/aixsponza-no-keyframes.html

Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yummmmmmmmmyyy!

My simpleton non-C4D-using cohorts don't believe the whole "no keyframes" aspect. I tried to school them but they stumped me on the camera moves. You guys think that's keyframeless as well?

Anyone want to explain to me how they'd go about doing those cam moves without any keyframes?

My simpleton non-C4D-using cohorts don't believe the whole "no keyframes" aspect. I tried to school them but they stumped me on the camera moves. You guys think that's keyframeless as well?

Anyone want to explain to me how they'd go about doing those cam moves without any keyframes?

There are plenty of ways to move a camera without keyframes ( Xpresso + any of the mograph Effectors / CS Tools's Movenull, SineNull etc )

I'm 99% sure there are many things on this amazing spot that were done using heavy xpresso/coffee COMBINED with Mograph 2.

It reminds me that when their Big.FM spot came out and Maxon added it to their showcase / reel, almost everyone (me included) assumed it was done using Mograph.

I'm 99% sure there are many things on this amazing spot that were done using heavy xpresso/coffee COMBINED with Mograph 2.

Yup, that's what I figured. I doubt I could wrap my brain around most of the xpresso in this one.

Just curious,

What are the improvements to AE export? All I can seem to find is that there are improvements, no mention of what they are.

Looks fantastic regardless.

I think in one of the cineversity vids it shows you can put a solid on an external compositing tag making it easy to replace screens and 2.5 objects within your scene, also the fixed motion vectors with camera movement to use with motion blur.

Just downloaded the demo yesterday and been having a quick play with the dynamics (nothing looks good, just 5 minute tests...) http://vimeo.com/6476135

Nothing terribly exciting but I'm sold, the dynamics just work, the render and picture viewer are fantastic. Anyone else tried it out and got anything thrown online anywhere?

Also, anyone know how to work out what sort of bucket render settings are optimal for your machine? 8 core mac 18GB ram, I think maybe I can bump up the 64x64 default bucket and make it more efficient right?

I have been looking at C4D, first with r11 and now 11.5, as we started to set up our studio. We currently run a floating license of Maya with a license that floats among the guys on our team but I am curious if there is a floating license version for Cinema. This would help keep the costs down as we look to purchase, even if a single floating license is more than one standard license, since we all won't have a need for it simultaneously, but we would like to work on our individual workstations instead of a dedicated C4D box. Does Maxon offer this type of license structure with r11.5 Studio Bundle?

Guest Sao_Bento

I have been looking at C4D, first with r11 and now 11.5, as we started to set up our studio. We currently run a floating license of Maya with a license that floats among the guys on our team but I am curious if there is a floating license version for Cinema. This would help keep the costs down as we look to purchase, even if a single floating license is more than one standard license, since we all won't have a need for it simultaneously, but we would like to work on our individual workstations instead of a dedicated C4D box. Does Maxon offer this type of license structure with r11.5 Studio Bundle?

There's always the aforementioned technique of installing C4D on an external drive, then moving it from machine to machine as needed.

I believe the license server option ($395) allows you to install it on as many machines as you like, then float the license to whichever one you want to use.