Sign in to follow this  
overEZ

making video tutorials - screencasting

Hi, my first post here... I did a search (using mograph.org) but didn't find any immediate threads on this topic, so I apologize if it's been done...

Wanted to start a discussion on how people make their own video tutorials. I've messed around with CamStudio, but huge .avis are no fun to deal with. Jing is pretty cool but only exports to SWF unless you pay $15 for the year, then you can export mp4.

Those of you with experience, would you upload to vimeo or youtube? Or host yourself?

bbflashback is the best in my opinion. not much editing options, but it's free and if you have after effects, there is no issue loading the avi into there and then uploading it onto youtube.

youtube is the best host for video at the moment, it allows unlimited HD uploads as far as i see, and has very few limitations in terms of size and duration as far as i see, in contrast to what it says in the description while uploading the file.

although youtubes interface could really use a facelift.

And for the love of god please don't host anything yourself, i hate having dead links and massive download times.

Edited by vozzz

...but couldn't find a tutorial on tutorials...

This could be the next big thing with today's business of tutorials. Somebody jump on it, then make a round-up of tutorials on Tutorials! ughh

Guest Sao_Bento

And don't forget that with Snow Leopard, you can use QuickTime Player to record your screen (and edit it afterwards). Unfortunately, you also get an OS filled with bad ram management and lots of random beachballing.