Sign in to follow this  
Nick Campbell

Baking Mograph 2 physics in to Keyframes?

Hi guys. I have been playing around with Mograph 2 a ton lately and I need a way to bake the cloners into keyframes for one of my projects. Any idea on how I would go about doing this? The Cache tag works really well, but I eventually need keyframe data for my idea. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

nick

Hi guys. I have been playing around with Mograph 2 a ton lately and I need a way to bake the cloners into keyframes for one of my projects. Any idea on how I would go about doing this? The Cache tag works really well, but I eventually need keyframe data for my idea. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

nick

I've baked MoGraph animation to keys in the past using PerAnders Clone Heirarchy script that was intended for exporting individual clones to AE.

-m

oops... just re-read the original post, going through the same thing at the moment, but not having much luck with the plugin... probably missed something

just bake your clones with a mograph cache tag and then the plugin will work

It ended up that the Point Cache tag worked the best. Thanks everyone!

Hey Nick,

I am attempting to get my mograph dynamics animation baked and exported to be used in another 3d package.

Having no luck.

Do you think what you worked out with the Point Cache might help?

Would you mind going into some detail?

Thanks a bunch

--Nathan

Anyone figure this out?

I was able to find a work around using the "Clone_info_hierarchy" file and Cappucino then pasting the keys back on the clones, but its a pain in the ass. The point cache would make life a lot easier if it would work.

AK

Hey Nick, I'm also doing a project that requires keyframes for all of my modynamic simulations. I was hoping you could describe to me how you were able to solve that? I cannot seem to get the other express/cappuccino methods to work very well and it's drive me nuts! Hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

Hey Nick, I'm also doing a project that requires keyframes for all of my modynamic simulations. I was hoping you could describe to me how you were able to solve that? I cannot seem to get the other express/cappuccino methods to work very well and it's drive me nuts! Hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

Did you solve the problem already? I'm having same difficulties and help would be appreciated. The old c4d dynamic engine sucks.

There's a good and short description over at

CGTalk by Mazab here

And then add the "Bake To PSR" script by Adam Swaab/Bandini

and you'll have a better way to set keys than using Capuccino IMHO.

Also found at CGTalk here

(You could change the manual start and end frames in the script

to read the document- or PreView range for a even better workflow)

Cheers

Lennart

Hey all. Has anyone figured out the Point Cache Tag method Mr Cambell was talking about? I'm real curious about this specifically. It could save me and my cohorts lots of headaches if it works how I hope and dream and imagine it might...I figured it's worth one last poke at this thread in hopes of answers. Pleeeease make a pretty tutorial about it Mr Orange, I beg you.

Also, AixSponza has an incredible plugin for r10-11 called BaketoPLA that takes ANYTHING in a scene and bakes the f out of it. It's unstoppable and I love it but unfortunately I can't get it to work with r11.5. Is there any possible way to "port"(?) that or does anyone know of an update?

Thank you and your kind brains for any further information.

Hi Nick,

So you worked it out. In the spirit of requesting and sharing solutions could you please share your solution with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance.

Chris