Sign in to follow this  
graymachine

LA Meetup

At first, I saw "downtown" and grumbled. Then I read the Wurstkuche menu. Saaausssaaaggge. Looks good. I could be convinced.

Wurstkuche = vurst•koosha Although the "sh" is more at the back of the throat. (my wife is a German teacher)

At first, I saw "downtown" and grumbled. Then I read the Wurstkuche menu. Saaausssaaaggge. Looks good. I could be convinced.

Wurstkucha = vurst•koosha Although the "sh" is more at the back of the throat. (my wife is a German teacher)

My ears perked up when I saw downtown. Wurstkuche is fantastic btw. Often very busy tho. Avoid on Friday/Sat nights if you can.

I am down. Literally.

Hey fred do you live in downtown?

Yeah, I've lived here for about 3 years. A few blocks from the 7th Street Metro station and I believe the Los Angeles offices of the ever prolific BUCK. Lots of positive changes here in the last 3 years, new spots (like Wurstkuche) poppin' up all the time.

I moved to downtown 6th and spring, few months ago and so far has been a great experience.

SB Manhattan? I have a friend who lives there, and I do some work with a post house that's based out of the SB Spring. That's a fun part of downtown. You go to Bar 107?

Yeah! Wurstkuche is GOOD! great idea. Brats, Beer, and Mograph! what could be finer?!

... lots of things I guess. But we don't need to get into that here.

I may or may not be able to make it... If I'm there, I can teach people how to pronounce it.

The problem with downtown in general is the aggressive homeless people. I suggest building a private side walk above the city streets.

Venice street peeps would take 'em in a cage match any day...

stupid having class at 7pm on Wednesday...this sounds like fun (and everyone has told me this place has awesome food)...are there gonna be future meetups?

I'm sure it will. I've not really been appointed this duty, I just kinda did it cuz no one else did. So, maybe another in November, suggestions are welcome.

haha i know my mograph buddies pick one place and have get togethers that are semi-coordinated/advertised by the chicago version of dma/la...the place just happens to be a bar with video dj's that play all the cool stuff (plus their work a lot of times)...but yeah just cool to meet the other people, with as many people located in la we sure are the least organized of the artists...

a bar with video dj's that play all the cool stuff

Has anyone heard of anything like this in LA? I've thought about something like this for a long time. Show great new work, & the classics. Geek out and have some drinks.