Sign in to follow this  
Stablished

Fluid Simulation with MoDynamics

Whatsup Yall.

I've been playing around with Mograph 2 in C4d 11.5, & was wondering if anyone has been successful at simulating fluids with using metaballs & modynamics? Ive tried numerous setups, and things just aint workin out. Anybody got some insight into this? I've seen a successful attempt here :

gorilla, great tuts btw!

The guys fluid test was really nice. But the setup that was described on your blog was a lil tough to execute. I Still dont have it. I Guess i should keep poking at Real flow till cinema resolves fluid dynamics. thanks for responding.

You can instantly tell the difference between metaballs and good fluid simulation because metaballs only make convex hulls.

Until C4D can figure out how to retool metaballs to go concave when the particle/point field spreads it will never be convincing.

-m

Hi there..nice to be here!

I try to find a way too with mograph and metaballs. Still playing with that, cause i'm trying to feel a glass of water without realflow..

You can play with metaballs and thinking particles btw.

Check in the Downloads section of c4dcafe Scene Files -> Animation/Special Effects -> Thinking Particles -> "water with metaballs or thinking particles"

//enjoy