Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex

Image on Clones with Mograph!?

Hello Forum,

I really need some help. I want to add an Image on the top side of a cube grid. I know it is possible with the multi shader or the mograph selection tag but I can not figure out how to do it. Google did not help much either. Does anyone has a link for a tutorial or can explain it in this topic?

Thank you very much for your help!

Step 1.

Create a material with your image in the Color / Luminance channel etc.

Step 2.

Apply that material to your cloner object (the object itself, not the cube WITHIN!) then go to the material manager and set projection mode to cubic.

Step 3.

While your cloner material tag is still selected, Go to the object manager window and under tags choose fit to object.

Step 4 (Optional)

Move the texture with the texture move tool as you see fit (it will be useful if you want only ONE side of your cubes to display the picture)

Step 5.

Apply another material to the cube themselves (who are underneath the cloner object)

Step 6.

Go to the cloner object itself and choose Fix Texture - > Straight

Step 7.

Apply effectors and voila texture should stick to cubes as you move them along

Thanks so much! I do have a few questions because my c4d is in German and i have some trouble figureing out where eveything is.

1. Material Manager: is that the window i open when setting up my material? Where do i find the projection mode?

2. What is my Object Manager window and where do I choose fit object?

3. Where do I find in the cloner object: Fix texture - sraight?

THANKS!

EDIT: I found out everything by myself. it works! i have the image now on my clones! But where do i find the texture move tool?

EDIT 2: Ok found the texture move tool too, it is getting embarrassing :D! But now i really dont get how to set it up so the image is only on the top side of the clones... now the image is on the front back and on the sides. When i move it with the texture move tool it just wraps around the clones..!

Edited by Cyrex

if you're using the default c4D layout the texture tools are located just below the move, rotate and scale tools. The one you want looks like a chessboard with an orange outline.

Dan

yeah thanks, i found it! But now i really dont get how to set it up so the image is only on the top side of the clones... now the image is on the front back and on the sides. When i move it with the texture move tool it just wraps around the clones..! How do i delete the back part of the material and the sides?

Thanks Nick, now it wont repeat the image when i move it with the texture move tool but it still is on the back and on the front. I uploaded a screenshot here: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6050/bildschirmfoto20091012u.png (simple example)

Greetings from Germany, if you remember me ;) ! Hope you are doing good!

from the screenshot i could tell two things , 1 , your cube itself doesnt have a default material. 2. underneath where it says CUBIC you should change to FRONT instead of BOTH

and render the image instead of paying too much attention to the default display view, rendering gives different results in this case.

from the screenshot i could tell two things , 1 , your cube itself doesnt have a default material. 2. underneath where it says CUBIC you should change to FRONT instead of BOTH

and render the image instead of paying too much attention to the default display view, rendering gives different results in this case.

I tried that already, look http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7353/bildschirmfoto20091012us.png . Still the same thing. Back and front. Also The Image is getting resized by the amount of cubes. Can i turn on a setting so the size of the image does not depend on the cubes and keeps it original size?