Sign in to follow this  
paxter

Paxters Motion graphic reel 09

Hi there,

name is Faizal, I am a motion graphic artist base in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I started doing motion graphics about 4 years ago, . This is my portfolio, feel free to give your comments and critiques on the work i have done.

All the jobs on that reel are real jobs. Done fully or in part by my self. And about 90% of them are done fully in AE.

on a side note... anyone knows why when i rendered out and output into Vimeo it turned much more darker than it supposed to be?

Edited by paxter

Yeah man, nice work... you have a cool style going. I like seeing different styles from different parts of the world.

I can't comment much about the content because you're better than me, but I have a few suggestions for the reel. In general, it's too long... you have lots of work, yes... but some shots are repeated or just plain stay on the screen too long. This could easily be a 1:30 - 1:45 reel and it would impress so much more. Ditch the hotlink white text animation in my opinion, and only use one of the 10 feel good years shots.

Another suggestion: your reel intro and the first two animations look a bit amateur compared to the rest. It's fine to keep them in there, but perhaps they go later in the reel, and you might want to consider making a different intro for yourself at some point.

Great job man keep rocking it.

oh thanks,

yea i felt it was a bit long thinking of editing it down to under 1.50. will keep your comments in mind when i change the reel... waiting for some stuff i have done recently to go off air... before i put em in.