Sign in to follow this  
jetle25

Jobs in China?

Does anyone know how the mograph scene is in Asia? I'm interested especially with Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Seem to have a hard time finding information on job listings etc for them. Thanks

J

Does anyone know how the mograph scene is in Asia? I'm interested especially with Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Seem to have a hard time finding information on job listings etc for them. Thanks

J

hey there

was just in hong kong just checking it out, seems like a really interesting place to live/work

for jobs, this is what all the expats were talking about

jobsdb.com

I relocated to Beijing, two months ago, after a long negotiation with a big Chinese media agency...the goal is improve their motion Dept, to achieve better results in a wide range of media. Experience has been good...mograph is in its firsts steps, at least from my point of view, here in Beijing. I know there´s more movement, experience and motion shops and studios in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea, but still is an unexplored field to challenge yourself...i don´t know of specific sites for jobs like the one posted above...This is a whole new world to explore and they need people with experience to advance fast in this new area...the thing is ...dare to being here and get the right contacts...the rest is up to you.

I live in Singapore for almost a year, the most benefit you can get in Singapore at least is that as a freelancer you dont have to pay the government crap. The worst is that you dont have any social benefits.

It has being pretty hard for me but i passed the test. If you feel for an adventure than move it now, i know in Korea there is a few studios that does motion design and they are pretty good to get a Visa to work in Asia you must have a Bachelors or enough experienced to get a work permit.

Check out

http://mandy.com

http://www.jobsdb.com

Good luck in your quest.

Edgard

could you guys see it working to have a kick ass mograph company style site (not just personal site looking) and go and try to get contracts, or is it seeming to be a FT job type of deal mostly over there?

also, would it be hard to go into another country doing that? to get a visa you have to be sponsored as an 'employee'?

the stuff I saw on jobsDB seemed like a lot of them had language requirements, but i would imagine with the right reel/site that wouldnt be a problem. almost a help to have outsiders bringing their influences. look at brazilians and europeans in the states kicking ass.

asia is crazy. would be an interesting (good/bad) experience for anyone

could you guys see it working to have a kick ass mograph company style site (not just personal site looking) and go and try to get contracts,or is it seeming to be a FT job type of deal mostly over there?

easier and fluent if you get a contract...definitely...

in my case, as i said, it was a long agreement deal via phone calls, mails, skype calls, etc...

but i see it (FT) as a good platform for next steps...

language is not a barrier, at least at my job, since (almost) everyone speaks english...but it helps to learn, to improve communication with clients and team...

also, would it be hard to go into another country doing that? to get a visa you have to be sponsored as an 'employee'?

in my case, i got a visa sponsored as an employee...that helps a lot...

...but i would imagine with the right reel/site that wouldnt be a problem. almost a help to have outsiders bringing their influences

yes, you´re right...

asia is crazy. would be an interesting (good/bad) experience for anyone

asia is the future...would be definitely a great experience for anyone

good luck in your quest

f.

Thanks all for your information and experience. From what I have seen online the Motion GFX is still developing in Asia. Their CG work tends to look extremely CG, though improving. Animation and design are good in some areas but is never consistent. I'll keep my eyes open. THanks again

J