Sign in to follow this  
levante

Blend between multiple cameras in C4d

Hi everyone,

i know there´s a way to blend between multiple animated cams in Cinema 4d but i couldn´t find out how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(PS: i´m on R 11.5)

Hi everyone,

i know there´s a way to blend between multiple animated cams in Cinema 4d but i couldn´t find out how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(PS: i´m on R 11.5)

start by setting up seperate cameras for each view. then basically you use the constraint tag on another camera with PSR constraint on (position & rotation only) and add as many targets as cameras you are blending between. then use set driver/set driven on the sliders to create an expression so that the other (target weight %) sliders will automatically 'blend' between them.

let me know if you have any questions or require a scene file.

cheers!

-darrin

Like Mike said you can use my cam tools for free. MoCam blends between 8 cams and the easy cams blends between 2 at a time. The problem with straight morphing is that you'll want control over the targeting and arced paths as they blend. My tools and SteadyCam Pro both give you those options.

I did a presentation on the CSTools cam systems HERE.

Thanks for your replies, i´ve only been semi succesfull with the constraint tag but it´s already late evening over here - so i´m gonna try it out tomorrow again.

@ C Smith: does the Mo Cam System work with cameras that are already animated over a spline? Or do i need to use a specially rigged cam?

Cheers and greetings from Germany

Thanks for your replies, i´ve only been semi succesfull with the constraint tag but it´s already late evening over here - so i´m gonna try it out tomorrow again.

@ C Smith: does the Mo Cam System work with cameras that are already animated over a spline? Or do i need to use a specially rigged cam?

Cheers and greetings from Germany

Yes. You would basically parent the "waypoint" cams to your cams you already have and set the same focal lengths for each cam to match. Then it will morph between those positions. See the instructions or my vid to see how to change the eases and path orbits using the 'target depths' of each waypoint cam so it's not linear moves in space or time.