Sign in to follow this  
juicysauce

2009 Motion Graphic Design Census

Hey all,

Bran Dougherty-Johnson and Jake Sargeant have been hard at work preparing the first ever (to my knowledge) industry census directed specifically at motion designers. If you have 5-10 minutes, please take a moment to complete the survey:

http://motionographer.com/2009-motion-graphic-design-census/

More info on the project:

http://motionographer.com/2009/12/01/2009-motion-graphic-census-who-what-why-and-how/

Thanks all!

Great work bran.

I'm doing it now. Just one note: the question "how many months were you unemployed" is hard to answer if you were unemployed for less than one month. But maybe that's an insignificant minority?

Great work bran.

I'm doing it now. Just one note: the question "how many months were you unemployed" is hard to answer if you were unemployed for less than one month. But maybe that's an insignificant minority?

Yeah, we made lots of decisions in writing it that may make it not 100% accurate, but ...

I'd just fill in 1 month and leave it at that.

I know this response is way late for you, but to anyone else, just fill it out as best as possible,

Lots of folks want to be able to include more than one Job Title, but we decided to track just your primary Job in this ...

So there'll be some things we'll fix for next year!

Thanks again for taking the time to fill it all out.

Also, i posted this in my final comment, but i don't know if it worked, coz google said something bad happened...

anyway, in the section that follows "how do you charge? hour/day/project" the next question, if " project" is selected was something along the lines of "how much per project do you charge in dollars" which is kinda wierd. I reckon they should ask for average hourly wage overall regardless of how you charge a client.

Also, i posted this in my final comment, but i don't know if it worked, coz google said something bad happened...

anyway, in the section that follows "how do you charge? hour/day/project" the next question, if " project" is selected was something along the lines of "how much per project do you charge in dollars" which is kinda wierd. I reckon they should ask for average hourly wage overall regardless of how you charge a client.

The Project section was really intended for people like Directors who might get a fixed fee or percentage per project and don't get paid per hour / day at all.

So we're asking the question in regards to how people are actually compensated, and how they bill their clients, if they're self-employed.

Thanks for the feedback, though! And I hope we got your data, Vozz.

Hey all,

Bran Dougherty-Johnson and Jake Sargeant have been hard at work preparing the first ever (to my knowledge) industry census directed specifically at motion designers. If you have 5-10 minutes, please take a moment to complete the survey:

http://motionographe...-design-census/

More info on the project:

http://motionographe...at-why-and-how/

Thanks all!

Thanks again to Bran and Jake for spearheading this. Colossal amount of work, will benefit us all across the industry.

Wondering if the results even got sent out? Nearly a year now. They got all that great/juicy information and it hasn't been shared yet. Waiting patiently! :)

Sorry guys, I'm working on it. Been a tougher project than I ever thought to tackle.

Will try to hack something together to put online ASAP. I know you all want to see the results.