Sign in to follow this  
reason808

Mograph Mixers in LA?

I graduated from school and I'm looking for MoGraph work while pursuing my personal film projects. Face to face interactions are so much better than emails and cold calls.

I can easily find film industry parties in LA where I can meet other directors, producers, agents, writers, actors, and other various filmmaking talent like editors, illustrators and so on. Two this week alone. I've made some good connections.

Are there any similar types of parties for the Motion Graphics / Agency world? It'd be nice to find events where you can socialize and meet producers, creative directors and other professionals from good agencies in a causal social setting? Even though most MoGraph agencies are very casual socially, you can only meet these people in a formal situation, like submitting a reel for a job.

I graduated from school and I'm looking for MoGraph work while pursuing my personal film projects. Face to face interactions are so much better than emails and cold calls.

I can easily find film industry parties in LA where I can meet other directors, producers, agents, writers, actors, and other various filmmaking talent like editors, illustrators and so on. Two this week alone. I've made some good connections.

Are there any similar types of parties for the Motion Graphics / Agency world? It'd be nice to find events where you can socialize and meet producers, creative directors and other professionals from good agencies in a causal social setting? Even though most MoGraph agencies are very casual socially, you can only meet these people in a formal situation, like submitting a reel for a job.

This is a good place to start: http://www.dmala.org/