Sign in to follow this  
pat

Cinema 4d 11.5 Plugins

Hey all!

I'm attempting to install CSTools for Cinema 4d 11.5 however I cant seem to get plugins to appear in the plugin menu.

I am following these instructions: http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2009/06/how-to-install-cs-tools-in-cinema-4d-version-11/

I have the OLX 1.8 folder in: /Maxon/Cinema/plugins

I've restarted cinema and the plugins menu remains empty. Any advice?

Ah, I was under the impression they could be added as an object to the menu so I can add them into a scene instead of having to open the setups individually.

(actually I should clarify. The plugin question applies to OLX, not CSTools)

Edited by pat

Ah, I was under the impression they could be added as an object to the menu so I can add them into a scene instead of having to open the setups individually.

Yes, I believe you have to use the 'merge objects' or 'merge scene' option in OLX, I can't remember which one.

Hmmmm... It should work. You are putting in the right place. a restart should do it. Try re-downloading. Maybe there is a new version? Sorry I can't help more.

Yeah I'm not sure why its acting up. I'll try it on a PC and let you know how it goes.

Maxon got rid of the object setting in the object menu a few versions ago. They want you to use the Content Browser instead of object menu. drag and drop from CB or merge into. Plugins can still be accessed via the plugins menu.

EDIT: Although I guess you could build your own panel for regularly accessed functions- is this what you mean?

c

Edited by Colin@movecraft

Okay so i attribute this to not reading the biomekk site properly. I was downloading the wrong version of OLX. oops!

But yea, I was basically hoping to have my own panel for regularly accessed stuff. This is looking good though. Thanks everyone :)

Maxon got rid of the object setting in the object menu a few versions ago. They want you to use the Content Browser instead of object menu. drag and drop from CB or merge into. Plugins can still be accessed via the plugins menu.

EDIT: Although I guess you could build your own panel for regularly accessed functions- is this what you mean?

c

He means the function in OLX where you can make your own dropdown for (in this case) CSTools like on Nick's tutorial. Glad you got it cleared up, useful stuff

So I'm another victim of 11.5, CS_Tool and OLX not playing nice. I have OLX showing up in the plugin menu but I cant drag and drop the Merge Document to the top row of icons. I select the edit palette and I try to drag and drop the Merge Document but it wont take it. I also noticed when I select the Merge Document from /Plugins/OLX 1.8/Merge Document. It tells me There are no library locations defined for this command. Would you like to open the settings dialog?

I say yes but the path is there.

/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R11.5/library/Objects

I made that folder and placed CS_Tools in it.

advice please.

So I'm another victim of 11.5, CS_Tool and OLX not playing nice. I have OLX showing up in the plugin menu but I cant drag and drop the Merge Document to the top row of icons. I select the edit palette and I try to drag and drop the Merge Document but it wont take it. I also noticed when I select the Merge Document from /Plugins/OLX 1.8/Merge Document. It tells me There are no library locations defined for this command. Would you like to open the settings dialog?

I say yes but the path is there.

/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R11.5/library/Objects

I made that folder and placed CS_Tools in it.

advice please.

ok figured out the reason i was not able to edit my palettes was because my user settings were corrupted. Now I have the OLX: Merge Document in my Palettes on the top but every time I press the icon it still tells me "There are no library locations defined for this command. Would you like to open the settings dialog?"

I say yes i put the path in there and try again only to be asked again. What the hell am I doing wrong? I moved the files into my Documents folder thinking it may have an easier time no luck. Advice please.

ok figured out the reason i was not able to edit my palettes was because my user settings were corrupted. Now I have the OLX: Merge Document in my Palettes on the top but every time I press the icon it still tells me "There are no library locations defined for this command. Would you like to open the settings dialog?"

I say yes i put the path in there and try again only to be asked again. What the hell am I doing wrong? I moved the files into my Documents folder thinking it may have an easier time no luck. Advice please.

ok I can stop spamming this thread. I figured it out.

For anyone else out there who is having problems. This is how its done on 11.5

a) after you download OLX unzip it and drop it into the plugins folder like GrayScaleGorilla explained in his video aka (YourHardDrive/Applications/Maxon/Cinema 4d r11.5/plugins/OLX 1.8

B) run C4d go to the plugins window ex "Windows/Plugins/OLX 1.8 in settings under the tab Load Document and MergeScene locate your CSTools folder (does not matter were you put this folder)"

c) Do like GrayScaleGorilla exampled in his video for placing the Icon on the top menu bar.

Video link to installation. http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2009/06/how-to-install-cs-tools-in-cinema-4d-version-11/

I know this is a repeat of GrayScaleGorilla install tutorial but my issue was I had to so the path to the CSTools in MergeScene not just Load Document.