Sign in to follow this  
getSOME

Reel smart motion blur. Like it?

hey guys

I'm debating buying reel smart motion blur for AE, since Maya's motion blur is horrible and you have no control. What does everyone think about the plugin? is it worth the price? Thanks!

It is pretty good - sometimes a life saver. Like any fake it can break down, especially when fast moving objects overlap (e.g. lots of particles flying around) you get things tearing around the overlaps.

I don't know Maya, but in Cinema 4D, subframe sampling (scene motion blur) is really the only accurate way of getting MB with transparent objects or lots of overlaps.

hey guys

I'm debating buying reel smart motion blur for AE, since Maya's motion blur is horrible and you have no control. What does everyone think about the plugin? is it worth the price? Thanks!

It's pretty much a non-question. While one can certainly live without suites like Sapphire or Boris Continuum, RSMB is what I consider one of the few essentials you can't do without.

Mylenium

I also have been considering RSMB. I have decided I am ready to go ahead and buy it, however the site is really unclear on the differences between the standard license and the pro version. The price difference is around $60 so I'm assuming the pro version includes several more features. Could anyone give me some advice on the differences? I will be using it with Maya so I need to be able to add motion blur to 3D scenes.

I also have been considering RSMB. I have decided I am ready to go ahead and buy it, however the site is really unclear on the differences between the standard license and the pro version. The price difference is around $60 so I'm assuming the pro version includes several more features. Could anyone give me some advice on the differences? I will be using it with Maya so I need to be able to add motion blur to 3D scenes.

This lists the added Pro features

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/features/#ae_compatible_2