Sign in to follow this  
eliss

Keylight 1.2 in CS4 dark outlines problem

I am using AE CS4 Keylight 1.2 plugin

The overall key is looking good but I haven't been able to get rid of this dark outline around the hands where there is fast motion. The footage is HD.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

outline.png

dark outlines is a very common problem. It may be a simple matter of playing around with your keylight settings a bit more. I think it's probably a luminance thing?

I forget, but I remember it was covered as part of a very good keying presentation by Michelle from Toolfarm.

Check this out: http://www.aeto.ca/meeting4.html

Edited by pamunoz

If it's just a few instances where a hand makes a quick movement I'd duplicate your plate, mask out the hand and do a separate pull. Don't f'up your whole matte for a couple of small problem areas. If you're the one shooting the plates next time use a higher shutter speed (if you've got enough exposure) to kill of some of that motion blur.

If it's just a few instances where a hand makes a quick movement I'd duplicate your plate, mask out the hand and do a separate pull. Don't f'up your whole matte for a couple of small problem areas. If you're the one shooting the plates next time use a higher shutter speed (if you've got enough exposure) to kill of some of that motion blur.

He's right about the separate pull, that's the way 2 go for a good key. had 2 do that before myself. HD/VDSLR's are excellent for shooting at high shutter speeds to reduce motion blurs but the 4:2:0 compression on the Canon's may be a deal-breaker.