Sign in to follow this  
DBOT

PDraw help request

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a great celebration!

I'm messing around with TP and have stumbled at one of the first hurdles! I've drawn a bunch of Particles using Pdraw and have connected them to a Wind Node. I can see the particle display without a problem but just cannot figure out how to actually add an object, or polygon geometry to the particles I drew with Pdraw. Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks.

D

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a great celebration!

I'm messing around with TP and have stumbled at one of the first hurdles! I've drawn a bunch of Particles using Pdraw and have connected them to a Wind Node. I can see the particle display without a problem but just cannot figure out how to actually add an object, or polygon geometry to the particles I drew with Pdraw. Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks.

D

Make sure you have a Particle Geometry Object added to the top hierarchy in your AM. Add your polygon objects as children. Or you can do it in Xpresso within your Pdraw setup and assign a Pshape with your assignable poly object linked to that. This link is a great resource to help fill in the gaps. And try CMIvfx...their tut on Thinking Particles is the shiznit: http://www.adamswaab.com/tutorials/thinking_particles/generators.html

Good luck.

Cheers.

Hey Chroma..thank you so much!! Will try that out and see how I get on! Just checked out CMIvfx..signing up right away! it IS the shiznit!

Again, many thanks!

The Thinking Particles tutorial from CMIvfx opened up many of the "hidden" mysteries in regards to using the TP system. May it bring the same fun for you. Cheers.

The Thinking Particles tutorial from CMIvfx opened up many of the "hidden" mysteries in regards to using the TP system. May it bring the same fun for you. Cheers.

Amazing tutorials..thanks for the link too! Made everything very clear and have now been playing around for the last 10 hours! v addictive!

Cheers