Sign in to follow this  
chj

Update on Showreel

Thanks for all the help last time.

Things have gone much slower than expected due to other work but have made some changes to my reel and my site.

Just to let those who helped me last time see the progess. Still plan to update the rest the reel with suggestions when I get the time. And all comments are welcome.

Showreel - http://www.chrisjoyceportfolio.co.uk/Showreel.html

Site - http://www.chrisjoyceportfolio.co.uk/

Cheers

I think you may want to take another look at your intro piece. You want to put your best foot forwards, but the intro contains several issues. The most pressing is the fact that the camera barely gets all the words in frame before they shatter. There's no way to read what it says before it's too late. You really want to stress to potential employers and clients that communication is first and foremost in your mind. From a technical perspective it seems a little strange to see the hard, facetted, edges on the letters. The inside of the 'O' for example. I think adding some smoothing could help make this look more polished. It seems a little off-putting that some of the letters are floating just above the ground plane while others are actually penetrating it (compare the 'S' and the 'H'). There's also a fair amount of flicker in the shadows on the back wall which makes the renders look unfinished and rough even though the piece is supposed to look very shiny and intentional.

Just a few suggestions on how you can take that intro to the next level.

Hey Chris! overall nice stuff u've made, though here are some points i'd like to mention:

Crystal method (it is track "keep hope alive" i believe) is a big classic, so I wouldn't use it unless my work is top notch.

it is also seemed to me u've put in your reel some of those web tutorials (that dna, form stuff and so on) - ain't cool also.

and thanks for keeping reel short!

keep up the good stuff!