Sign in to follow this  
tvchris

Simple but awesome effect

Does anyone have a link to a tut that goes over something like the effect seen in this promo?

It's a sweet effect and I want to replicate it. I can get pretty close in C4D but have questions about the textures, like did they use an external compositing tag and composite the images afterwards in AE, or did they do everything in C4D... my goal would be to use a similar effect, but swap out the pictures/video on a weekly basis to update the spot.

Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions.

Chris

I would imagine the photos were comped in AE. You would have a lot greater control methinks. Plus, if you want to do a weekly segment like you say, doing it in AE would save you a lot of time by not having to render the background every time. Just drop in the new pieces in AE and render out the segment. If you keep your standards pretty similar, the subsequent versions will be really easy to produce.

I would imagine the photos were comped in AE. You would have a lot greater control methinks. Plus, if you want to do a weekly segment like you say, doing it in AE would save you a lot of time by not having to render the background every time. Just drop in the new pieces in AE and render out the segment. If you keep your standards pretty similar, the subsequent versions will be really easy to produce.

I took a quick look...but it does seem like some elements repeat, so I would assume the images were comp'd in AE with a compositing tag (C4D). Would make the most sense to me.

Does anyone have a link to a tut that goes over something like the effect seen in this promo?

It's a sweet effect and I want to replicate it. I can get pretty close in C4D but have questions about the textures, like did they use an external compositing tag and composite the images afterwards in AE, or did they do everything in C4D... my goal would be to use a similar effect, but swap out the pictures/video on a weekly basis to update the spot.

Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions.

Chris

particularly the last scenes look exactly like a template Ive seen, i'd check those sites.

particularly the last scenes look exactly like a template Ive seen, i'd check those sites.

I seem to remember a download from Monkey where he did this exact animation. He used mograph and deformers to have paper make cubes.Does anyone remember where that download is?

I would think it'd be pretty easy to accomplish in Cinema with a cloner set to Object mode to make the cubes and a Random effector with a linear falloff. If you needed a bit more control over the movement you could always animate the movement on one panel and use an Inheritance effector instead, which is what I believe Monkey did in his example if I remember correctly.

R

I seem to remember a download from Monkey where he did this exact animation. He used mograph and deformers to have paper make cubes.Does anyone remember where that download is?

hey nick think this is it the link for it may not be

thread

later,

coin

wow. i guess if they were in a hurry so they bought a template. it's a shame they didn't change it up at all.

overall it looks relatively simple to create. you'd just need to set up object buffers in c4d and then export the aep file so you could composite different pics into the planes.

Edited by thekinginyellow