Sign in to follow this  
renderready

New Video Tutorials Available

Hey Everyone,

I've been working on this site for about a year and a half and am really happy to share it with everyone. It's a video tutorial site using C4D & AE to re-create really cool CG Movie Scenes. It's just started, so it's only on tutorial 3, but check it out and let me know what you think. I'll be posting some new tutorials very soon, but if you see a way I can improve upon the site as well, your opinions are welcomed! Thanks again and if you like the site, please register/twitter/facebook fan me. Thank you for your time! www.renderready.com

The content of the tutorials a great, basic and good training. The presentation of the tutorials is however not very well. I just watched the first tutorial "Tutorial 01 - The Basics" and yes, it is basic stuff, but people who are quite new to Cinema 4D and After Effects will get lost pretty fast. Most of your tutorials is you speaking in front of a camera. Why is that? .. No offence to how you look :) but i dont think people visit your site to see you speaking in front of a camera. The process is very confusing and you have to know about the stuff your speaking of. People need to see what you do step by step. I would recommend that you do like everybody else, go through the "whole" project step by step and explain why you do this and that. I really think you stuff is great, but i don't think people will watch you tutorials if you keep making them the way you do.

Best regards, Morten

Thank you Morten for being honest. It's really good to hear some good critiquing. It would suck if I got to tutorial # 20 and then someone said something. I took a moment to look back at the tutorials and you definitely hit the nail on the head. I'll definitely have to do some tweaking on this site. I do believe I need to switch my delivery system of videos from quicktime to flash, simply because flash files are smaller, stream, and are just better for the end user. But I also need to do a lot more motion screen capture of the development of the project and more explanation on why certain things need to be done, and certainly less playing to the camera. I'm going to limit the time spent on camera more to the introduction (which will also be smaller), closing, and any opinion/mind drifting off topic areas. The rest of the time should be on motion screen capture. Keep an eye out because I think tutorial #4 is going to be wayyyyyy better. Thanks again Morten!