Sign in to follow this  
ZeBrownie

Motionographer/ Justin Cone Censorship

Dear Mograph Community

Have you seen the latest Motionographer post http://motionographer.com/2010/02/04/coalition-of-the-willing-goes-live

I made the comment:

"George Carlin figured it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw"

And it was removed. Talk about freedom of speech.

It's pretty obvious by now that whatever doesn't fit into Justin Cone's agenda is being censored.

What a bunch of hypocrites he and Simon Robson.

I know I said this before but this time I promise; I'm not going to comment there ever again.

Edited by ZeBrownie

Definitely Bad Form. but now that I think about it there has always been a negative vibe there anyway.

Its a great site to burn a half hour but not really to have an opinion!

Rob

I don't think my comment was negative at all, do you?

They seem to have removed the George Carlin link because he's right and Clint's comment is maybe a tad too controversial to be taken completely serious.

Anyway as of now I promise i'm no more going to ever comment on there again. This time I mean it.

Edited by ZeBrownie

I don't think my comment was negative at all, do you?

They seem to have removed the George Carlin link because he's right and Clint's comment is maybe a tad too controversial to be taken completely serious.

Anyway as of now I promise i'm no more going to ever comment on there again. This time I mean it.

Regardless of how you sounded, you had a opinion and in a proper arena you should be allowed to have it heard.

Edited by creage

You don't have freedom of speech on the internet. Your rights are not guaranteed in cyberspace. A person who owns a site can do whatever they wish with the content of that site. If they wish to delete a comment because they felt it was not a good fit for their community or whatever they have the right to do that because they can do anything they want. The internet is not physically part of "good ol' US of A", its a lawless bodiless entity.

What would be really hilarious (and ironic) is if one of your comments was deleted here by a moderator and then you stopped posting because of that.

But I keep forgetting no one seems to moderate mograph.net, otherwise you'd have been banned already.

Edited by dotcommer

They seem to have removed the George Carlin link because he's right

Though I find the clip highly thought provoking, I'm going to have to ask for the sources through which you vetted a comedian/philosopher's accuracy.

You don't have freedom of speech on the internet. Your rights are not guaranteed in cyberspace. A person who owns a site can do whatever they wish with the content of that site. If they wish to delete a comment because they felt it was not a good fit for their community or whatever they have the right to do that because they can do anything they want. The internet is not physically part of "good ol' US of A", its a lawless bodiless entity.

By posting the Carlin clip I made a counter argument and statement. If I'm not allowed to do that then they who fight global injustice and global cooling/ warming/ change/ whatever do not accept other opinions.

It has nothing to do with me being unpopular otherwise my comments few posts ago on there wouldn't have been granted either. Those who call me a troll usually do so because they don't agree with me.

Anyway I already made the decision to stop using the comments there. This time for real.

Those who call me a troll usually do so because they don't agree with me.

Count me under the folks who call you a troll because you present opposing viewpoints with the knowledge of the general opinions of your audience specifically to elicit an inflammatory reaction. I don't know how long this list of people is, but if I'm not allowed to do that then you do not accept other opinions.

It soo not about censorship, just censoring you specifically.

I can't speak for Justin, but IMO, I think he is just over your lame comments, and anyone's for that matter, who are negative in nature.

It soo not about censorship, just censoring you specifically.

I can't speak for Justin, but IMO, I think he is just over your lame comments, and anyone's for that matter, who are negative in nature.

Over my lame comments when all I did was linking to a Carlin video.

In any case I am leaving already, voluntarily.

Over my lame comments when all I did was linking to a Carlin video.

In any case I am leaving already, voluntarily.

All you did?! The Carlin link you posted is a negative stance toward Coalition of The Willing, as Carlin basically denounces the heart of what Simon and Tim's film is about, which is no different than you yourself saying the same.

Last I checked Negative = Bad ... Positive = Good

Is it so hard to keep it on a positive note?

If so, maybe expend your energy elsewhere, as you claim that you will...but we have heard that one before.

By posting the Carlin clip I made a counter argument and statement. If I'm not allowed to do that then they who fight global injustice and global cooling/ warming/ change/ whatever do not accept other opinions.

It has nothing to do with me being unpopular otherwise my comments few posts ago on there wouldn't have been granted either. Those who call me a troll usually do so because they don't agree with me.

Anyway I already made the decision to stop using the comments there. This time for real.

doesnt matter if you were making the most correct statement in the world. if the proprietor of the site doesn't want your comment there, that's it. end of story.

doesnt matter if you were making the most correct statement in the world. if the proprietor of the site doesn't want your comment there, that's it. end of story.

...or he is obliged by law to remove posts of a certain type. Anyway, I don't know what the fuss is about. Let them do what they do. Motionographer is "just another website" and whether one goes there is one's own decision, so you can't assign blame...

Mylenium

i was interested at first how much if at all motionographer, or maybe greyscale gorilla, would censor comments

then i saw who started this thread, 'who' being used very lightly. dude, you are almost the definition of the term troll. it's not your politics, but your history of pointless provocative comments that has you known as someone not worth listening to.

change your login name and see if you get edited, and maybe move on from this zebrownie bullshit altogether, bro... its a waste of valuable time