Sign in to follow this  
yamirb

Shooting water in front of a green screen

I need to shoot a talent holding water jug in front of a green screen. How does water key out on a green screen? Anyone with any experience doing this?

Thanks.

Edited by yamirb

To key out water, use a black background :)

Agree with that statement. Or is there any chance you can use a different liquid (something less transparent) and then make it look like water in AE.

i would say that you should use a matte choke on the water to smooth out the edges, then set it to black and white (to get rid of the some green) or use a hue/colorize effect to get it back to all blue or white.

I need to shoot a talent holding water jug in front of a green screen. How does water key out on a green screen? Anyone with any experience doing this?

Thanks.

i prefer black for pure water but since you have to include talent (arm?), i would do blue screen over green.

if you've lit it correctly, everything will pull fine. this is where you really want the screen to be under exposed and more saturated, bubbles, splash, highlights will separate more, etc.