Sign in to follow this  
suchatool

10 second clip

It's looking pretty hot; nice work. Only suggestion I have would be to have some slight camera movement to give it a more organic feel and also animate the "7eaven" section a bit more (having the angel wings flap, etc.). I'd also consider using different fonts for the "7evil" and "7eaven" text, something more edgy for the former and something more light and ethereal for the latter.

The design elements look stellar though.

For me, the "devil" message was lost for 3 reasons. Evil is an appropriate word for the context, devil isn't the opposite of heaven, and a 7, unless the context is heavier (ie doesn't consist of a similar themed word like 'evil') doesn't imply a 'D'.

I mean, it works for the H because of the context, but at the open I read "7 Evil" and then started to obssess about why the 7 was a letter replacement in one half, and not in the other. n It was only then that I exited full screen and saw the title of the piece.

So, take that for what it's worth.

Yeah, I got hung up on that myself. I never really solved the 7evil issue and just went ahead with the fun stuff. It was just an exercise but still, I should be thinking about this stuff even while training. Thank you for your thoughts!

I'll be honest with you - I don't know why anyone uses exclude or difference outside of genuine compositing reasons. I don't really see what it adds to the concept. The rotating crown is pretty cool and I quite like how the halo appears, but not sure how the whole thing is meant to work as a concept.

Dan

I agree with Dan in regards to the blending modes. I don't really get an angelic feel from the 7eaven section since the palette is so dark.

I think there's some good elements throughout but that it could benefit from another pass to make sure everything is serving a purpose and sharpening the message.

I really didn't read Devil or Heaven the first few times either. I found it kinda confusing actually =\