Sign in to follow this  
yoni bendor

worst motionographer job offer ever.

Not accepting bribes, not using company resources for private gain. Sort of a quiz, in fact. Really common sense stuff, so we dismiss this kind of stuff generally.

Accepting bribes and using company resources for private gain is the American way. Exercising common sense... not so much.

You're absolutely right! we embrace & support alcoholism, while condemning other substances that can actually be beneficial, & much less harmful in the long run. Not to mention much more viable for the economy. That being said, Large corporations are "large corporations" no matter what country you live in. I've never been tested or screened while working in smaller shops.

that's the irony of it all, eventually these "large corporations" end up going to the small shops to create the packaging and the creative stuff for them, the guys who agreed on getting the background check and the drug test are the ones usually ending up with the "extra creative labour" of template revisions and fine tunin..

that's the irony of it all, eventually these "large corporations" end up going to the small shops to create the packaging and the creative stuff for them, the guys who agreed on getting the background check and the drug test are the ones usually ending up with the "extra creative labour" of template revisions and fine tunin..

So true. Microsoft probably outsources about 60% of it's graphics needs for events. 100% of it's broadcast commercials are outsourced to DK, Fad, Oh hello, etc, etc. Meanwhile they have a huge facility at their fingertips with 5 stages, state-of-the-art edit facilities, & a very talented graphics department.

I think most station affiliates require a drug test and very very thorough background check. When I was hired at the Detroit NBC affiliate, I had to go through this. They verified every item I listed on my resume, checked my driving record, did a criminal/sex offender background check, and a pee pee test.

Actually, it worked in my favor as I had just met my (then girlfriend) wife, so I handed her my paperwork to prove that I wasn't a creep.

hmmm an odd pickup line, no? :)