Sign in to follow this  
BrandonRidge

Brandon Ridge - Motion Design Reel

Here is my motion reel for 2010. I had posted a reel last year that had a lot of stuff that I did for a local TV station and also fake ads for major brands, but with the feedback I got, I eliminated most of that content and started from scratch. I would love to hear some feedback of where the reel is now, I'm not going to post the old reel and I'm not looking for a comparison, I want to know how my current work stands on its own. So with that said, let me know what you think...

http://vimeo.com/5517746

Thanks

Brandon Ridge

www.brandonridge.tv

Well,

You seem to have the tools mastered for the most part. A lot of this feels like it has no purpose, though - and some of it feels like tutorial work. If I were to recommend something, I'd say work on learning typography. Your animation skills are getting pretty good, though. Keep it up!

Well,

You seem to have the tools mastered for the most part. A lot of this feels like it has no purpose, though - and some of it feels like tutorial work. If I were to recommend something, I'd say work on learning typography. Your animation skills are getting pretty good, though. Keep it up!

Well,

Thanks for that feedback. None of this is from a tutorial but some of it is however from the five second projects that Nick Campbell hosts. I'm always trying to expand my knowledge of aspects of design. What about the typography don't you like specifically?