Sign in to follow this  
eliss

C4D Question. Emerging product from dirt.

Hey knowledgeable people!

I'm trying to make a product break through a dirt surface. I'm using C4D 11.5

Here is what I have so far...

I have split up the ground and fractured it. Applied dynamics.

I have the product moving in an upward motion. Breaking through.

Everything is working okay but I really want to know how to get this thing to look better as a render before any AE work is done.

Is there any other tricks via dynamics that I can do? I'd love to hear some suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Hey knowledgeable people!

I'm trying to make a product break through a dirt surface. I'm using C4D 11.5

Here is what I have so far...

I have split up the ground and fractured it. Applied dynamics.

I have the product moving in an upward motion. Breaking through.

Everything is working okay but I really want to know how to get this thing to look better as a render before any AE work is done.

Is there any other tricks via dynamics that I can do? I'd love to hear some suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

What kinds of things are going wrong that make it look bad?

Could you elaborate or if you are having trouble locating the issue could you post a video? I'm having trouble offering suggestions without knowing more details.

I kept my question vague on purpose. I wanted people to just toss out some ideas. Any cool techniques that might come up. I am starting to like the results. I'll post them soon.

Can you have the dynamics activate TP-based dust? that would be cool. Or just shoot/buy in some dust elements (think Action Essentials might come with that sort of stuff) and comp them in.

you should add some roots snapping as the product breaks through. You could also add some other little details to really make it awesome-think about what kind of stuff is in the ground: pebbles, artifacts, worms, bugs, rare coins, time capsules, etc… You add some of those things and it would really be AWESOME!

Also…where is the product coming from? There are several different types dirt, sand, rock that might also emerge depending on how deep the product comes from. How close is the scene to water…causes the product could be a little wet too.