Sign in to follow this  
Axicraw

Autodesk Flare

Hello fellas

I have been studying and started working with AE for the past two months. Now there is a big question. In my work i try to composite green matted character to a 3Dmax environment. ok it will work. I came to know about Autodesk Flare. Now does flare is worth trying? ( consideration: I have to learn Flare).

Hello fellas

I have been studying and started working with AE for the past two months. Now there is a big question. In my work i try to composite green matted character to a 3Dmax environment. ok it will work. I came to know about Autodesk Flare. Now does flare is worth trying? ( consideration: I have to learn Flare).

Consideration: you have to own a Flame.

I downloaded the nuke demo and am messing around with it. It really kicks AE's ass when it comes to compositing. The price is a big deal however, and I'd probably only end up working with nuke if my company bought it.

If you're going to be compositing a lot, I encourage you to learn a comping program, like nuke, or shake. Nuke is pricey but the quickly becoming industry standard, shake is the old standard and discontinued but still very good and you can find it for cheap online. Flame is not in your best interest. Thats something that you'll learn with time and access to a station at a company. Most flame/inferno artists I know learned off the clock just sitting at one playing with stuff.