Sign in to follow this  
anothername

LaCie324 or Apple Cinema Display

I have one fairly cheap 24" monitor on my setup at home. Looking to get a second 24" monitor, want to get the best color accuracy/quality I can without going into the really high end.

At work I have the LaCie324 and I've been really happy with it so far. In a lot of threads here I've seen people recommend the apple cinema displays but I've also read some really negative reviews of these with regards to them being really reflective (LaCie also more connections HDMI etc). New the price seems to be about the same for the two but could get a refurb cinema from apple a lot cheaper too.

Anyone have advice on which to go with, or are there any better options in this price/quality range?

LaCie makes monitors?! Wow...

Anyway, I'm rockin' the Dell 2408WFP and I love it. Tons of connections, good colors, etc. And it was much cheaper than an apple display. By now there's probably a successor to my monitor, so look around. I've always had good experiences with Dell Monitors.

LaCie makes monitors?! Wow...

Anyway, I'm rockin' the Dell 2408WFP and I love it. Tons of connections, good colors, etc. And it was much cheaper than an apple display. By now there's probably a successor to my monitor, so look around. I've always had good experiences with Dell Monitors.

I too ran a Dell 2408 but had issues with the colour and wide gamut resulting in oversaturated output when not in a colour managed app - understandable, but not helpful. The 2410 is friendlier in it's abilities. And they're cheaper than an ACD.

That said, it's really going to be budget based. NEC Mulisyncs are meant to be some decent shit.

I too ran a Dell 2408 but had issues with the colour and wide gamut resulting in oversaturated output when not in a colour managed app - understandable, but not helpful. The 2410 is friendlier in it's abilities. And they're cheaper than an ACD.

That said, it's really going to be budget based. NEC Mulisyncs are meant to be some decent shit.

Thanks, didn't know about the NEC multisyncs took a look online and they seem to be about the same price as the Lacie's and ACD.

As far as I can tell on paper Dell 2410 seems to have pretty much the same features as those monitors but it's around 400$ cheaper, there are a lot of reviews complaining about green/pink tint and color accuracy problems though, I guess you get what you pay for.

I do enough client work from home that I'd be willing to spend the extra $ if it means a better quality monitor and more reliable color.

I would just plop down on the ACD. I know it costs, but a monitor is one of those investments where you only buy once and it practically will pay for itself with the first job.

Although I hate the reflective coating of the 24" ACD's, you can't deny the fact that it looks super good especially in a dark environment without any light hitting it.

Edited by hyp3