Sign in to follow this  
Guest parsonsprojects

New to Mograph...and heading to ResFEST LA

Guest parsonsprojects

Hi there, everyone....

As you might guess, I am new here...I am a student of graphic design at Montana State University...done (finally) in December....I enjoy working in AE and Flash....

I'm headed to ResFest next week as well....anyone else???

...Pretty excited 'bout it!

KP

Guest bozax

Hi KP! Yah, I'm going on Saturday to check it out. Which shows are you planning to catch?

Ed

Hi there, everyone....

As you might guess, I am new here...I am a student of graphic design at Montana State University...done (finally) in December....I enjoy working in AE and Flash....

I'm headed to ResFest next week as well....anyone else???

...Pretty excited 'bout it!

KP

Guest yogert909

I saw the "videos that rock", "cinema electronica" and of course"by design".

by design was a little disappointing since it seemed to be a bunch overflow that didn't make it into cinema electronica. not many actual design pieces like 2 years ago when belief's untitled project filled the program nicely.

Anyone make it to the Amon Tobin show on Friday night? He put on a pretty great show. performing behind a semi transparent screen ablaze with some pretty stellar projections of noise and machine imagery. Did these guys tour with him, or are they locals? Their stuff was pretty great, for the most part, 2d graphics over hi-con footage. nothing new, but very well done. I took a look at their setup: 2 powerbooks running FCP, feeding two video mixers feeding three projectors. Not sure exactly how they were routing everything since sometimes it seemed they have 5 simultanous streams of video going at once. Most likely a video sampler in the mixer. Sure had a great effect though.