Sign in to follow this  
Duder

CS5

On paper it looks promising, does anybody knows of the existence a 3d grid ala Motion? Parenting and Collapse layers ala 3d app? 3d import?

I mean there i a lot of room for improvement, Illustrator not being 64 bit is a shame as i used it every single day, i was hoping for a command where you asign each layer to a group with a simple click.

On paper it looks promising, does anybody knows of the existence a 3d grid ala Motion? Parenting and Collapse layers ala 3d app? 3d import?

I mean there i a lot of room for improvement, Illustrator not being 64 bit is a shame as i used it every single day, i was hoping for a command where you asign each layer to a group with a simple click.

feature-request form

*sigh*.........

Can't seem to dig up information on this: is Windows Server 2008 R2 an officially supported OS? I assume it would be, but everything I find just says Windows 7 64. It's the same code base, so I shouldn't run into any issues regardless, but official support is nice (and I've run into trouble more than once where a program has told me it requires Windows 7 and won't run, which is ludicrous).

http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/systemreqs/

yes:

Windows 7, Windows Vista, Mac OSX 10.5.7 or later

no:

Windows XP

not supported, and I wouldn't try it:

anything else

Todd, not been able to find anything but with the rebuild of how memory works..

Are the few effects that previously disabled multiprocessing able to utilise it now? (mainly lens blur for when Frischluft isn't available)

Just placed my order to upgrade from CS4master to CS5 production premium (I checked - it is allowed in the eligibility section).

I went through that TopCashback site recommended a couple pages back so I'll let UK guys how that pans out. It's down to 10% from 12 but that £60 will cover the trapcode upgrade so if it works then great!

Quickie heads up, if you're planning on ordering direct from Adobe then avoid the Flash site, there's something screwy with their prices. The UK CS3->CS5 upgrade price is almost £300 more on the Flash site than the html site. So order via your iPhone or something unencumbered by Flash.

I've attempted to alert Adobe to this but they're not exactly forthcoming with direct email links... duh... I went to their suggestions page instead, so I guess it might get fixed for CS6 :D

adobe_uk.jpg

Quickie heads up, if you're planning on ordering direct from Adobe then avoid the Flash site, there's something screwy with their prices. The UK CS3->CS5 upgrade price is almost £300 more on the Flash site than the html site. So order via your iPhone or something unencumbered by Flash.

oh the irony

Edited by superegophobia

feature-request form

*sigh*.........

:) Maxon updated their 64 bit support a few years ago. Not a word of AE. 3d import has being suggested since forever there is no point into jumping into Cs5 just because it is 64 bit.

The 3d import function has being suggested, and not a simple Boris Blue,how many years of development have Zaxwerks.Any ways here:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/adobe-premiere-premiere-elements-after-effects/12691-after-effects-3d-import.html

And here are some free app that never made it into the industry

http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2005/02/22/open_source_realtime_video_editing.htm

And a basic 3d grid as well, Motion have it since it came out they will probably have 3d import function in the next release.

Edgard

Edited by Edgard

Quickie heads up, if you're planning on ordering direct from Adobe then avoid the Flash site, there's something screwy with their prices.

Just following up on this, because it took me a while to find - here's a direct link to the (*UK) Adobe html store, where you can order CS3->CS5 upgrades at the correct price. Or via Amazon etc will also charge the lower amount. Happy shopping...